collinb

American Boogie SkyDance Davis CA June 25-28 and BigWay 25th

Awesome!
Now -- one more question -- is anyone coordinating rides or anything, or should I just rent a car?
thanks

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yeah..........

Hurry people, they are going fast!

Come on folks, help a gal out, Wendy needs a ride from the airport. She really isn't as mean as she acts in Speakers Corner.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yeah..........

Can you set aside one for me :)

Come on folks, help a gal out, Wendy needs a ride from the airport. She really isn't as mean as she acts in Speakers Corner.

Which airport/time? I'm expecting to be there all four days but don't know exactly when I'm driving out there...
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Get the details on 'da choppa' yet? Trying to figure out how much damage (direct, and collateral from selling off unneeded items such as food) my wallet is going to take to have maximum craziness at this most excellent boogie.

Woot! I can taste the beer already. Well, I am drinking one at the moment, but uh.. whatever. you get the idea.

If it's the same chopper that has been making rounds lately, it's an R44 that can take 3 jumpers a load at $60 a pop. I didn't make a jump, but I heard rumors it was going to somewhere in the 5-5.5k range
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Hey Everybody,
It is almost time for the American Boogie!
We have 108 confirmed guests from our Facebook Event page and 54 now for the BigWay on Thursday. There are still a few slots available on the CASA and the 2 PACs, we are going to have a blast, and give our best effort to produce a completion this year.
Give Collin or me a shout if you want on but haven't yet sent us an email.
I'll see you all in a month,
VegasJoe

Yeah..........

I have arranged pick up for Wendy ;)

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

I don't see your name on the bigway list.:|

What?! You don't think I can just walk up and get on it? What are you saying about my skydiving skills:P
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Don't forget to pre-register for the boogie. This came from the DZ's message to the NCS list:

$35 Boogie fee with Pre-registration. $45 on site registration. $15 Daily* registration.

NOTE: Full Boogie Registration includes: Boogie bag, beer tap ever night great dinner party and Boogie shirt. Daily registration gives you access to a great fleet of jump planes, helicopter and hot air Balloon only.

(530) 753-2651 - I'm pretty sure you can pre-register over the phone with a credit card.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If any women are interested in earning their WSCR (Womens Star Crest Recipient - being a part of an all female 8 way formation) or WSCS (Womens Star Crest Soloist - docking 8th or later on an all female 8 way formation) awards during the boogie, let me know. Thinking about either Friday or Saturday, 3 or 4 jumps depending on how many women want to play.

If any men are interested in earning their WSCS awards during the boogie, bring cash. If there is enough response from women, there may be a raffle or two for 9th and 10th slots with the proceeds going to local female jumpers that are raising money for JFTC. B|

I'm interested. :)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Don't forget to pre-register for the boogie. This came from the DZ's message to the NCS list:

$35 Boogie fee with Pre-registration. $45 on site registration. $15 Daily* registration.

NOTE: Full Boogie Registration includes: Boogie bag, beer tap ever night great dinner party and Boogie shirt. Daily registration gives you access to a great fleet of jump planes, helicopter and hot air Balloon only.

You can!! I just did. :)
(530) 753-2651 - I'm pretty sure you can pre-register over the phone with a credit card.

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Several years (wow, that long?) ago I lost my job so I went to Lost Prarie for two weeks!

Well, I have a broken foot and just lost my job, but I decided to not sit around doing nothing, especially when it's so close to my birthday. I've never been to Davis, so I guess this is my chance. I'm taking my broken foot on a road trip to the American Boogie!!! :)

FYI!!! Road 29 will be closed between Road 98 (Plainfield Station) and Road 95 (northwest corner of the airport) on Thursday and Friday of the boogie - you will NOT be able to get onto the airport from Rd. 29 until at least Friday evening. Plan to use Road 31 instead.

As if you needed another reason to attend:
By popular demand I'll be hosting Jello Wrestling again at the American Boogie
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009
Time: 10:00pm - 11:55pm

I ordered enough mix to make 100 gallons of Wrestling Jello which doesn't liquefy, get sticky, or stain that I'm still accepting financial donations for. We even have a professional (in the proper sense of the word) wrestling ref for the event. So we won't be making the rules up as we go like we did last time.

Now it's all on you. Get the word out. Invite your friends (show us all what a pimp you are). And bring proper attire even if you don't PLAN to wrestle.

We still need people to volunteer to wrestle. It's like a school dance. Once someone hits the floor everybody wants to join in. While most of us enjoy watching scantly clad ladies working out their aggressions in the dessert-like goodness. Anyone is welcome to participate. Don't worry about getting clean. We'll set up right next to the showers.

If someone wants to make jello shots that's always appreciated

If you didn't catch it the first time round. You really missed out. You owe it to yourself to make it happen again.

---Important Request---
In 2007 when we did this I had several people tell me that they would have wrestled but didn't because they didn't want pictures taken and more importantly posted.

Things have changed a lot the past couple decades. Seems like everyone has a camera of some form on them at all times. Also, it seems like skydivers are doing a much better job of staying covered up at social gatherings. I realize it's not practical to ban cameras (I know because I tried and failed miserably) but I'd love to think that my friends would be respectful of their friends wishes and privacy.

Before each round I'm going to ask the participants if they mind if people take pictures. If either says they mind please not only refrain from doing so but self police the group. Let's make this philosophy par for our events and get back to a time when skydivers felt free to cut loose for a little harmless fun without fear of the wrong people seeing parts of their lives they don't need to be seeing.

---One more thing---
The brilliant suggestion was made to have music playing during the event. I'd love to put together a soundtrack of inspirational 80's rock. Think Rocky, Footloose, Karate Kid, Flashdance, Top Gun, and Bloodsport. If anyone has a suggestions for tracks I'd love to hear em. And if anyone has some sort of portable stereo they can bring that'd be great too.

Just a reminder, I will be offering wingsuit First Flight Courses Friday-Sunday. As time permits, doing a little organizing as well.

I will have some Phoenix-Fly and Tonysuits available for demo. Stop by my tent in the center grass packing area and say howdy.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Hello Skydance/Davis... Not to minimalize the injuries that Im sure many of you have already heard about..but... to Ray, Niel and the entire Skydance/Davis staff. Had a blast!!! 1st time out of a skyvan(big ole' jump plane with a lift gate in the back) Running reverse gainer! Wooohoo. A warm weekend to say the least.. but good times to be had by all. I look forward to the boogie next year!! Blue skies/blessings
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.