leroydb

Skydiving in Missouri

Well, so far everywhere I call is closed for the winter.... what the heck gives..?

In raeford, NC we would jump when it was 30 degrees on the ground... heck its going to be 40- 50 degrees today

I am jones'in for a skyflicky

HELP!!!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

My understanding is that Freefall Express has been shut down for a little while now, over issues with the city and recent incidents. Don't take my word for this, though - give them a call and see if they're flying this weekend.

You might try Feisty at Skydive Missouri, in the same area. They were on the same airport.

DISCLAIMER: I don't have any affiliation with either DZ, but I do know that our CRW team trained down at SD MO last summer, and Feisty runs a good operation.
T.I.N.S.

Freefall Express Skydiving in Mt. Vernon is open and always has been... weather permitting... it has been cold here lately and there were a few weekends the city didn't plow the runway. We got loads up last few weekends and are planning on this weekend also. It's supposed to be in the 40's and that's plenty warm for us. Come on out. And if you get here early... I live across the street from the dropzone and I'll have a cup of coffee waiting for you till I get off my lazy ass and go open up the hangar. :P I believe we are tentatively planning on opening at 9 a.m. maybe 10 a.m. if it's really stinking cold. HA!

We don't close for the winter around here cause we love to skydive TOO much. :D Freefall Express maintains a very healthy relationship with the city of Mount Vernon and always has.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Mount Vernon is a city owned airport and open to ALL public access for any and all aircraft that will fit on 3000 foot runway (or there abouts). It might be 3200 feet or something like that, I really don't know the particulars, cause I'm not a pilot. I know that we've operated a CASA there a few times if that helps. :P There are NO take off and landing charges. bdiver1, if someone told you they were charged to take off there, then they lied or they were duped by someone. There is no FBO and NO gas for sale however, Aurora and Monett both sell gas and are very close by if you need it. It's a very small quaint little airport.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Skydive Kansas City Inc located in Butler Mo is open Mid-March through Nov. We have decided that trying to stay operational in the winter is not cost effictive. Saftey Day is the start of our 2009 season and any and all are welcome to attend this on Sat. March 14th 9am. We operate 2 C-182's and cater to students as well as up-jumpers as best we can. The DZ also Manages the airport. Please contact us for further information at (816) 524-JUMP or www.skydivekc.com

I know that we've operated a CASA there a few times if that helps.

HAHA I remember those loads - watching the numbers and the end of the runway scream by the absolute second the pilot nudged the beast into the air. I think the CASA was pushing it.... :D
=========Shaun ==========