Unstable

The Kansas City Skydiving Center.....

Okay Gang,

I'm not asking this as a troll, or to raise bad memories, but a simple answer hopefully with an explanation.. I know that this topic brings blood to a boil for some folks, but let's not get into that...

Is Paul E.'s DZ, the Kansas City Skydiving Center, going to be open this season in Kansas City? I know the webpage is down, but is he going to try to fire up a little Cessna DZ? How is he doing? Is there any interest in opening it up? Does he have any support right now?
=========Shaun ==========

Shaun,

Here you go, straight from the horse's mouth. I can say pretty confidently that we will not be reopening for the 2009 season. The downturn in the economy has taken its toll on both of our DZ's. Additionally, my non-skydiving work schedule has kept me incredibly busy over the past 6 months with no signs of easing up. Therefore, we have decided to step back and take a break from the dropzone business. Hopefully, the economy takes an about-face soon, and reopening the DZ in the future is certainly not out of the question, but 2009 seems pretty unlikely.

I can't say thank you enough to all of the jumpers who have supported us over the years! This certainly isn't the news that I would like to post and I wish that we could continue to provide you with a place to jump, but it simply isn't viable for us right now. If this should change, you all will be the first to know.

Blue Skies,

Paul
The Kansas City Skydiving Center
The Kansas City Skydiving Center