Kamigaeru

Skydive Suffolk's Spring Fling Boogie! (Suffolk, VA) April 17-19, 2009

Yes, you read correctly: Suffolk IS having a boogie! We'll be flying our very own PAC along with a CASA. Belly and freefly organizing are on the board, along with spaceball jumps, Skyhook demos, vendors, on site food, and more.

Registration will be $20. There's plenty of room to pitch tents at the DZ, as well as nearby campgrounds and hotels. There will definitely be updates, so check back to see what's been added.

Don't forget to mark your calendars:
April 17-19, 2009
Skydive Suffolk
Suffolk, VA
Be there! Have fun!

:o
A tree does not have to be beautiful to bear fruit.

An update on some of our boogie participants:

Belly organizer: Chris Wagner
Freefly organizer: Simon Palacio

Reps from:
Flight Concepts
PD
Icarus
Aerodyne
Sun Path
Mirage

Come on out and shake off those winter blues!

It's official and finalized! I'll be at the boogie in Virginia for freefly organizing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Looks like VA will be suffering through more spaceball dives, track dives, hybrids, VRW dives, and produce dives. Don't we all remember the old school days of produce dives (pic attached)?

I'll also be shooting a lot of free photography of all those on my organized dives and doing free freefly training seminars (over beer).

Aah Suffolk! Cheapest skydives on the east coast and the state capitol of VA freeflying. Who knew it was possible to catch a 160mph pumpkin in freefall and bring it safely back to the ground!?!? :o

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Hey everyone, if you live close enough to drive you should make the trip. Come out and have some fun at Skydive Suffolk. We always look forward to having new faces show up and jump with us. If you have 1 jump, or 5,000 jumps, com on out and join us for some kick ass jumps that you will be able to talk about for years to come.

We are planning some fun raft dives, hoop dives, and some big ways from the CASA, so this is your chance to get in on some of the cool jumps that you see pictures of in Parachutist. Whether your a belly flyer, free flyer, wing suit flyer, come out and have some great fun.

Also, if you have never jumped the PAC-750, this alone makes it worth the trip. Jump tickets for the PAC are only $23, the cheapest price on the East Coast, and the ride to altitude is only 7-10 minutes with a full load of jumpers.

Skydive wings has been kind enough to donate a gift certificate for 50% off a harness container system that we will be raffleing off during the boogies as well, so if you are looking for a new container at a discounted rate, come on out and enter the raffle. Free reserve repacks will be raffled off as well.

As Erica has already posted, Greg Rau will be here with his Skyhook equiped rigs for those of you that are interested in performing an intentional cutaway.

As for all of the Student Jumpers and people looking to do a Tandem Jump, come on out and join us for the boogie. We will have plenty of instructors available to get you guys up in the air and jumping during the boogie as well. If you know someone that has never made a skydive, or is looking to start skydiving, bring them along. We will be holding our normal AFF First Jump Course on Saturday, the 18th, starting at 8:00 AM.

If you want some more info, post your questions here, or you can check us out on Facebook.com at the following link. We look forward to seeing you there...

http://www.facebook.com/friends/?ref=tn#/event.php?eid=67800626528&ref=mf
Tim Schlappi
Total Parachute Rigging Solutions, LLC. (Owner)
Cell: (757) 971-2168
[email protected]

Also, if you have never jumped the PAC-750, this alone makes it worth the trip. Jump tickets for the PAC are only $23, the cheapest price on the East Coast, and the ride to altitude is only 7-10 minutes with a full load of jumpers.

Actually Tim, what makes them have the cheapest jumps is once you factor in the 5 jump discount. Then jump tickets are down to something like $17.50 each. If I remember clearly, the way Larry did it was $23 a ticket for the first 5 jumps of the day, then $12 per ticket for every subsequent jump of the day. 10 jumps in a day will average to $17.50 each.

So, if you want to make a bunch of jumps at the boogie, then they become the cheapest jumps on the East coast. Second in the country, only to Lodi, CA.

I love the PAC! Every DZ needs one.
Hit me up on Facebook

Hey kids, a couple more updates for ya.

We've got a band for Saturday night entertainment: Honeycomb Hydeout will be playing for us! Fresh off their tour supporting Ronnie James Dio, Honeycomb Hydeout is now setting their sights on conquering every camel toe and moose knuckle in Portsmouth and beyond -- come rock with them after a day of jumping!

Also, we'll be having sunset swoop 'n' chug contests with beer prizes! That's right, drink beer to win beer. (Accuracy helps, too.)

Don't miss out...

This is going to be great~! This band is awesome, and the swoop-n-chug is just another reason we have so many coming out already. Cheapest jumps on the East Coast. Hands down. PAC-750 and a CASA!! See you there. I got a message last night from my friends in Delmarva and 2-3 more freeflyers are coming out to yet again set the standard for VA Freefly and a possible state record attempt. The Kegs have already been ordered too!! Soooo excited!!! This is going to be THE Spring Boogie for 2009!

Just another note about the boogie. I just received an email from Icarus, and due to other engagements, they will not be able to attend our boogie. But, on a more positive note, ICARUS is sending us a 4 pound box of goodies for us to have available at the boogie. Might be some more cool raffle prizes and such. I will keep everyone posted on the other vendors that have been contacted. I am still awaiting a respone from a few.

I know I have looked at the forums, and there have been 580 hits on this post, but only 8 or 9 responses. Maybe people are scared to come jump with us here at SKYDIVE SUFFOLK, but I am sure that it will be a great turn out.
Tim Schlappi
Total Parachute Rigging Solutions, LLC. (Owner)
Cell: (757) 971-2168
[email protected]

For those attending Suffolk's Spring Fling Boogie Come on out and Get your Flock ON!! I should be ready to Fly mid day on Friday and will have a good number of suits, wingsuits that is, and want to get the flock going at Suffolk, in Virginia, on the East Coast and Around the world!!! OK that might be a little grand for a goal but if your in the area Come out and get in the air over Suffolk! Looking for dare I say 2 maybe 3 minute Falls, Want your First Wingsuit Flight, Some more Coaching to get yourself even more dialed in, want to try a new suit or just want info GO TO THE BOOGIE!!.... Though this wont be a qualifying event officially, if you want info for qualifying to be on the 100 Way Biggest Wingsuit Flock Event in November let me know, I have the info as one of the plane captains for that event, I know what you need to be there!!!!

The Suffolk Spring Fling Boogie should be great fun and I want the WINGSUIT portion to kick some ass!! Spread the word and come get your Flock on! :)
Let me know if your interested (send me a PM) and if your ready I will try and have a suit to fit you to FLY!!

Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

WoW! The year is moving along, less then 2 weeks to the Boogie! If your wanting to do some WS stuff i.e. want to try a new suit or get a First Flight please PM me so I can be sure to have something to fit you. I will have a number of suits for many sizes but it is always good to check with me ahead of time!

Scott C.:)

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I am working till 4 today >:( but I am going to be headed out B-Line to the DZ as fast as I can. I am readt Mr. Bones, for ball jumps and fun times as usual. I got all the food last night. $500.00 bucks man. Talk about sacraficing it all. This should cover the weekend, and its all good. Peace!!!B|

Here are just a couple of neat photos I snapped during the boogie. It was a great turnout, a lot of fun freeflying, lots of first time produce jumps (that watermelon was INSANE), and lots of staying up late partying with some DAMN good beer and music.

All in all, a 10/10 B|

Hit me up on Facebook