upndownshop

SkyFest 09 June 15th – 22nd Raeford N. Carolina, Celebrating our 9th year of donating skydives!

So, who had control over whether it came or not?

G.W.BUSH and the RNC:o

they did everything:S

now OBAMA
he wanted to sent it ,but those nasty repubs stoped it

and now you know;)
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Hello all
Sorry for the delay but I didnt finish loading everything back into storage until Wed then needed 3 days of nyquil to recover. Many thanks to Roxi and Pops for sticking around an extra day to help with storage and paperwork.

I cant say enough about the great crew we had this year. Michelle, Roxi, Tammy, Pat, Deva, Mark,POPS, and more, you guys really worked hard and I think it was the best crew SF has ever had!

Many thanks to the LO's, vendors, dz staff, pilots and other volunteers, everyone worked hard this year.
To the Thackers: WOW! Love the DZ, Thackers and the staff worked their tails off. I personally love the history that comes with Raeford. And to Gene Paul: I hope you had a great birthday, and I promise not to tell your real age now that I know! It was truly an honor to have you host SF! THANK YOU ALL!

To Mr Bill Booth! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! You went out of your way to make the best of what we put together. While the weather may have delayed us, you changed your appointments and came out to share your movies and stories anyway! Truly an honor to be a part of that. Thank you again.
Chris Spence, well what can I say, its Chris! I will be looking to hire you and your PA system next year, you are cheap right?

To all that attended, once again you made SF worth the hard work! I was overwhelmed with all the thank you's and appreciation shown this year.

I still have about 150 survey's to finish the data entry on, once completed I will post the results.

To those who wish to have negative perceptions about the inner business dealings of the event, I will address those issues later. I am preparing to head west tomorrow for a much needed break.
I will say this: to Dave C (vertifly) we both know why you chose not to attend this year, the choice was yours to make. I will not go into it online, Im not the type to divulge ones "personal" issues in that matter.

To the statements of "false" advertising: SF does not hide behind inflated numbers, sponsors, vendors, AC or any other "inside" events. Do things get changed at the last minute? Yes, but once confirmed it is posted as quick as possible. There is a reason more than 18 vendors have attended SF for the last 7 years, and its not because our numbers or advertising is false I can promise you that.

To the vendors: What can I say, SF is blessed and grateful for your support, now and in the past! While the seminars were a new thing to SF, something I have wanted to do since day one, they didnt happen mostly due to weather. But I realized something that was one of those "forehead smacks", the seminars did happen, every time someone walked up and asked questions! They have been present for 9 years, silly me. Demos went out, people learned and products were sold. This years auction was filled with fantastic products and great deals were made all because of your dedication to your great products and SF. Thank you!!!!!

One would hope that the core of the event is not tainted because it had AC problems for the first time in 9 years. There has been somewhere around 60 AC attend SF over the years, heck one year we had more than the WFFC at much cheaper rates on the same AC!
3 years ago we had:
2 Otters, G Caravan, King Air, PAC, 3 balloons, 3 P Parachutes, Heli, SkyVan AN2, Trike, and a CUB, all for jumping.

SF did not have the contracts on the planes this year like we did in the beginning, maybe we need to go back to that. I know that the DZ and Rampart (Fayard) were doing the best that could be done under the circumstances, do I wish we had a third? Of course, but it was not my battle, next year it will be.

There were a lot of great things that happened this year! Some exciting new stories were written and many had a great time, I for one enjoyed meeting all of you and appreciate your helpful comments about making SF even better.

Jello J did a great job with the SCR Ceremony and POPS jumper and friends really knocked out some 8 ways! Chuck, I got to say, excellent job!!!!
To the World Champions: Sorry the weather didnt hold for us on the days you volunteered for, would have been great to get you guys in the air!

To the Golden Knights Demo: Incredible opening ceremony! It was truly amazing to see.
To the Golden Knights "fun jumpers":
Thank you for playing with us and sharing your experience. Thanks for offering free coaching during the event, I know many youngsters took you all up on the offer, much obliged. I must say that I am jealous of not being able to jump with the Knights. I made the first load for a HNP but after that I was to busy rescheduling promised events that got canceled early in the week due to weather. It was all worth it though, movie night, stories, awards, all of it, we made it happen thanks to everyone's assistance!

Adapt and overcome, we did a lot of that! We did the best we could under the circumstances, I hope folks can appreciate the hard work everyone from the DZ, vendors, LO's and volunteers put into this, I know I do!

More later,
thank you all again for your support
J

Thank You J .... Cant wait til next year!!!!

Uhhhh can we start answering your questions now for next year, maybe Ill have them all answered by then;)
Seriously Bill, thank you! You have the energy, curiosity, eagerness, and the attitude that makes me want to keep this going! Of course your not the only one with those qualities, but you are the one that is "in my face" with it since the first day I met you a few years ago. Thank you again my friend!!! But next year your not allowed to swoop my bunk room, unless you bring Jenny back:)
J

You be 'da MAN, J...thanks for everything and I'm keeping an eye out for next year...right there on my dresser next to the wooden choppers.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

can we get the goodyear blimp next year???? You know you want to jump out of it!!!;)

That'd be fucking awesome! Not to mention, great video with all the cameras they've got on that thing! I think it'd be a hell of a promotion for the sport! Probably takes a while to get up and down though.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

can we get the goodyear blimp next year???? You know you want to jump out of it!!!;)

That'd be fucking awesome! Not to mention, great video with all the cameras they've got on that thing! I think it'd be a hell of a promotion for the sport! Probably takes a while to get up and down though.

The pilot said that it usually travels about 1-2000 ft off the ground
because it is advertising anywhere it goes, so they want the public
to see it pass. Plus, I don't think it is that efficient to go any higher.

With no crosswind, it seemed to be pretty maneuverable when
doing turns, but went up/down very carefully.

Very few people get to go for a ride.
It seems like they said they are on the road around 300 days a year. Not much downtime.

(Pics from a cloudy day in Miami several years ago)

Well.... time to put my 2c in i suppose!

I went to my first Skyfest, had fun, jumped outta the chopper and the balloon, got ABSOLUTELY BLADDERED at least 3 times during the week with people i've never met before and will probably never see again. Spoke to Bill Booth for a while and had him sign off jumps in my logbook. Talked the ears off Mirage / UPT and demoed 3 different canopies from PD.

Yes it was disappointing that the Casa never showed, and the weather made the day like sitting in front of a hairdryer for 8 hours solid

I never had more than 10 min to wait for a load

I ate more pulled pork in 4 days than the average small country consumes in years.

I won loads of stuff for cheap in the gear auction

Overall, had a great time and will be back next year wherever that may be.

H

Oh, and had a particularly good time milking the fact that I landed about 2m from the tuffet on the last load on Saturday on my first jump on a demo canopy when the rest of our group all seemed to want to land in Wal mart / Food Lion / onion fields 2 miles away! heh heh heh
It's not the speed that kills ya, it's the sudden stops!

Oh, and had a particularly good time milking the fact that I landed about 2m from the tuffet on the last load on Saturday on my first jump on a demo canopy when the rest of our group all seemed to want to land in Wal mart / Food Lion / onion fields 2 miles away! heh heh heh

hey hey hey easy there killer .... before we jumped out we were told we were getting dropped out 5 miles down from the DZ and we were to cross country back .... then all of a sudden after doing some wing tapping with my boy i look below my feet and think hey that looks alot like an area i was told they were building a walmart .... then i thought about the wind and where it was so i took a huge right turn and from nine thousand feet could not make it back to the DZ so yes me and Ahmed chose the onion field ... damn i love skydiving

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

hey hey hey easy there killer .... before we jumped out we were told we were getting dropped out 5 miles down from the DZ and we were to cross country back .... then all of a sudden after doing some wing tapping with my boy i look below my feet and think hey that looks alot like an area i was told they were building a walmart .... then i thought about the wind and where it was so i took a huge right turn and from nine thousand feet could not make it back to the DZ so yes me and Ahmed chose the onion field ... damn i love skydiving

yeaaaaaaah you remember the guy you went FLYING past at about 10,000ft who was going in the other direction......

that was me :) wondering where the fook you two were going! I have some nice video of the 2 of you heading downwind complete with commentary "ooooh that's going to end in tears" :)

OK, that's enough. Please take your feelings about J to pm's, people are tired of reading about it here.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

i would def like to see some of that video ... we are in the process of putting all of ours together ... its slightly tough when we live as far apart as we do to get it together quickly ....

Pops --- i will hold the onions as long as they are not hippie chicks -- cause i do not carry deodorant with me so they will be served as is ;);)

dave c --- i just realized i have met/chilled/barbecued with you before and this is really shocking that you are doing this ... i really thought i had you dialed in as a super cool kid just doing ur thing on that golf cart, and ur cool ass dog ... blue skies buddy and i hope you figure it all out

dave c --- i just realized i have met/chilled/barbecued with you before and this is really shocking that you are doing this ... i really thought i had you dialed in as a super cool kid just doing ur thing on that golf cart, and ur cool ass dog ... blue skies buddy and i hope you figure it all out

What makes you think he's any different than who you met? Dave is a super cool kid. I know. Maybe he's got some valid insight. Will you bother to ask him? Or will you just write him off?
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I wrote him off. What he did here was childish and unprofessional. Whatever faults J way have in relation to Skyfest events pales in comparison to the behavior of Dave (and friends). I don't need to know him or hang out with him.
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments

What makes you think he's any different than who you met? Dave is a super cool kid. I know. Maybe he's got some valid insight. Will you bother to ask him? Or will you just write him off?

oh i never write anybody off ... we are all humans, and we all make mistakes ... i was just shocked to learn that it was dave that was writing this stuff ... i will ask him when our paths cross if the conversation comes up ... these talks that have been going on here are very childish in nature tho .... its like junior high on here, remember when you didnt have the balls to break up with a chick (or boy for you girls that are reading) and you did it over the phone or through a friend .... anyone else feeling it?

I mean all i am saying is the dave i met didnt seem like someone that would get himself involved in such a childish online battle ... I like dave alot ... i wish when i met him i had more money to learn something from him but we still chilled and cooked on his deck ... not a bad word to say ... just shocked

i would def like to see some of that video ... we are in the process of putting all of ours together ... its slightly tough when we live as far apart as we do to get it together quickly ....

I'm stuck at work iin Kazakhstan until August first, when I get home i'll see if i can dig it out assuming the girlfriend hasn't deleted it by then [:/]