upndownshop

SkyFest 09 June 15th – 22nd Raeford N. Carolina, Celebrating our 9th year of donating skydives!

Don't forget your TeXXas 20-way stuff!;)

Chuck - I'll get that document back to you before Friday. I promise.

Kevin - I tow a camper and like to my comfortable chairs, shade, grill, cooler, music, etc. Hence the size of the pile. Oh yea and my wading pool. :)
Mark and Bolas - my truck is plenty big enough for my stuff. No need to upsize.;)
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Helicopter jumps are up for sale on the SkyFest Boogie website now! Woo Hoo!!!!!B|

I still want a balloon jump though:(

with a 1.65 booking fee, that's almost half a beer!! I assume if i turn up on Monday and book it on ste i avoid paying $100 in fees?

Someone mentioned night jumps.............happening or not?

I'm off shopping for thongs this weekend, seems to be required uniform that I was not previously aware of!
It's not the speed that kills ya, it's the sudden stops!

I'm off shopping for thongs this weekend, seems to be required uniform that I was not previously aware of!

deffinatly NOT REQUIRED attire....or really apprecieated attire to see guys running around in them....but funny as hell when we are all drunk...

Judging by your SN.....you might wana shave your ass first though before sporting it around the DZ...
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Don't forget your TeXXas 20-way stuff!;)

Chuck - I'll get that document back to you before Friday. I promise.

Kevin - I tow a camper and like to my comfortable chairs, shade, grill, cooler, music, etc. Hence the size of the pile. Oh yea and my wading pool. :)
Mark and Bolas - my truck is plenty big enough for my stuff. No need to upsize.;)

OK, great!

This is my first Skyfest (yes, even though I'm from Texas). I'm really getting excited! Can't wait to meet everyone!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Darn it, Michelle! I figured it was standard boogie/tailgate gear, but now all chances of building intrigue and mystery with a guessing game have evaporated. Oh well, at least I get to see all of you again. :)
And if this burgeoning hairy-backed thongoff sees the light of day (or halogen-illuminated night) I'm sic'ing hordes of mosquitoes on every one of you apes with improperly shielded satchels. :S:D

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Kevin, I'll throw in some mystery items just to keep it interesting. :):$:)
I spoke with J yesterday and it sounds like everything is coming together quite nicely. I can't wait!!

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Kevin, I'll throw in some mystery items just to keep it interesting. :):$:)
I spoke with J yesterday and it sounds like everything is coming together quite nicely. I can't wait!!

Hey, the canoe will fit in the pool wont it, probably wont be much different that the river eh??:)

Ahhh, the good ol deductive reasoning. Why didn't I think of that? ;)

No, but seriously, I thought we were going to form a Dos Equis bottle with the XX in the middle..... :D

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Ahhh, the good ol deductive reasoning. Why didn't I think of that? ;)

No, but seriously, I thought we were going to form a Dos Equis bottle with the XX in the middle..... :D

Maybe this will help
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3580756;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

:)

Don't forget your TeXXas 20-way stuff!

So, uh, what exactly is a TeXXas 20-way?

im guessing by the spelling of Texas.....its a formation shaped like......

XX

TeXXas 20-way started as a competition hosted by Houston jumpers Laird Cogburn and Madolyn Murdock back in the 80's. It got pretty big at one point. I remember one year there were 9 teams, including teams from Florida and California. Texas is spelled that way because they made a patch given to people who had completed a Texas Star for the first time. The patch is just the word TeXXas, with the two XX's making the roman number 20.

Here in Houston, 20-ways were also something like SCR's, socially speaking. It was kind of "a thing" to put a 20-way together for a 20-way virgin, a Texas Star, of course. They were popular sunset loads.

As for the shape of a Texas star, it's a 5-way round base, 5 2-way zipper clusters on the base, and 5 tails that close up the zippers. It looks like a 5-pointed star.

"TeXXas 20-ways" for Skyfest are simple, fun 20-ways. The focus is on do-able skydives, having fun, and exploiting talent.

And by the way, all qualified are invited to play. All day Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Looks like we'll have video too.

Let's boogie!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

>:( U challenging me to thongoff??? >:(

This is a contest in which there are no winners... :P

HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHHA!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

so im leaving NY first thing in the morning for the 13 hour drive back to good ol NC....ill be drinking cockitillios by tomorrow night in Aviators!! See ya tomorrow!!!!

Kick ass! Well, I would say that could make you one of the first "fun jumpers" here for the event. But..........we already have a gentleman here who is from Scotland!