AZDevil

Arizona DZ Q's

I am looking to start working towards my A as little present for myself. I had only known about Skydive AZ's DZ but then came across Skydive Coolidge today. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with that DZ and the AFF program they offer. It is only 1050 for the level I program (First seven ASP levels) where as Skydive AZ is 1900 for basically the same thing.
Any info or personal experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

Call both DZ's and talk to them about what you are actually geting with each package and also what additional training you will need to get an A license. Just a quick scan of the web sites shows that you are NOT "basically getting the same thing". The number of jumps is different, the AZ program includes wind tunnel time, etc.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Hi Brandon

This is my understanding of the status of Az's DZs.

- Eloy: you know it. After talking with quite a few newer jumpers who took their AFF at Eloy, they were pretty happy with how they were passed on to the full time DZ after they graduated. They werent just dumped to fend for themselves.

- Coolidge: as far as I know, its a military DZ only run by CPS (tho running google search turned up some results, but I just dont know if thats real); maybe the Casa Grande DZ relocated... who knows...

- Marana: shut down to fun jumpers about 1 year ago, if there are any activities there left, its millitary

- A DZ opened up at the Casa Grande airport last year, but I dont seem to find their info anymore. It was very much aimed at tandem (but not sure)

- Buckeye: Never been. Heard mixed reviews, but its probably a fine small DZ.

I would double check between the programs you are comparing: same altitude (its its the Casa Grande DZ that relocated, they were using a C182, which would probably not go to 13k - they may, I just dont know)? Video or not?

Have fun no matter which you choose in the end! :-)
Remster

Thanks for the info, both of you.

I know Eloy has a Great reputation. And as I lookinto the programs different, Eloy does have 3 solo's and the tunnel in their package that the others do not include. Do most people do one of the packages or just do a pay per jump.

Coolidge seems to advertise that they are public, but I have heard from multiple people that it is Military only.

I can speak from experience in the AZ tunnel, never jumped there though. It's an amazing machine that generates just as amazing times (and skills for that matter). I have no doubt you'd love your experiences at Eloy.

Also, tunnel is a great tool to get ya comfortable and in a good body position from the get go. Not having bad habits from the start creates strong foundations to build on.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com