GaryRay

DZ's near?

so im flying x-country next week and will possibly have time to do a jump in some different locations, i was wondering what the closest Dz's are to these cities:

1) Austin, Tx
2) Houston, Tx
3) Savannah, Ga?
4) Albuquerque, Nm?

i know i could just do it the hard way and use the DZ.com's tools, but i figure if people live there and tell me what DZ they jump at it wont be a problem, thanks guys.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

I can only offer help with Savannah...

2 choices:
Skydive Walterboro - 1hr away - 182 (9,500 ceiling), great group of people!!!, big landing arrea and lots of outs (all empty fields), views aren't great...
Skydive St Mary's - 1.45hr away - 182, haven't been there yet, Walterboro gets it done for me, but its always an option.

Safe trip, enjoy.

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

flying through with a new itinerary :/...los cruces, NM, austin Tx, mobile, and Savannah, i am going to be in a CH-46E.

Las Cruces is a bust, as far as I can tell. I tried to plan something when I drove through there a few weeks ago, and got nothing.

As for Austin, try Skydive San Marcos or Skydive Aggieland. Maybe Skydive Temple, too.

Oh, wherever you go, you have to let people jump from your helicopter. Especially me. :)
Brian

flying through with a new itinerary :/...los cruces, NM, austin Tx, mobile, and Savannah, i am going to be in a CH-46E.

Las Cruces is a bust, as far as I can tell. I tried to plan something when I drove through there a few weeks ago, and got nothing.

As for Austin, try Skydive San Marcos or Skydive Aggieland. Maybe Skydive Dallas, too.

Oh, wherever you go, you have to let people jump from your helicopter. Especially me. :)

Fixed it for you:P:D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Fixed it for you:P:D

That's why I said "maybe." Because I was guessing, based on USPA.org's distance measurements.

This brings up an interesting question, though ... how far from your target cities are you willing to travel for a DZ?
Brian

A 46:o? Gear in a plastic bag:)?

(yeah I am sure your is new and does not leak like the older ones did:P)

Matt

LOL, yeah its brand new, i think it was inducted in 1971. =D, its not a personal helicopter, its a military flight, so im sorry guys, no jumping from the helo :(...im still trying to get permission to jump from the fucking thing. maybe i will just leave randomly over some desert, but i hope they pick me back up if i do :).
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

A 46:o? Gear in a plastic bag:)?

(yeah I am sure your is new and does not leak like the older ones did:P)

Matt

LOL, yeah its brand new, i think it was inducted in 1971. =D, its not a personal helicopter, its a military flight, so im sorry guys, no jumping from the helo :(...im still trying to get permission to jump from the fucking thing. maybe i will just leave randomly over some desert, but i hope they pick me back up if i do :).
I'm active duty, so it'd probably be okay to take me for a whirl ... with my rig on :)
Brian