topdocker

Skydive coastal california?

Funny someone brought this up. I live 3 red lights from Camarillo airport. There is no such drop zone there. I drove by there for shits & grins one day at the address advertised. It is where the police cars are parked at!
Camarillo is so close to Pt. Mugu I doubt there will ever be a dropzone there. However, demos have been done at the Camarillo Air Show.
Gary Calhoun

The photos are real on the website, as far as being in Camarillo,Ca. The directions seem kinda weird pertaining to entering the gate by the Airport Cafe and the actual address being on Durley (would be little bit of a walk) However, I just do not believe for many reasons you will take off, jump land or make a SKydive at the Camarillo Airport. There is no drop zone there, period!

Actually there is a dropzone at Camarillo. I work for them. We just got started in January and it's been slow getting started. We are tandem focused at this point, and expansion to fun jumpers might be slow going in these first few months. as to the email that someone recieved. that's an automatically generated message whenever someone sends us their first email. Just trying to clear up the rumors. Thanks for the interest.

hmmm very interesting.... this is a busy airport, where is the landing area? LOL I had lunch yesterday at the cafe, lil did I know there was a new DZ. :o

This may actually get my buttocks back in the sky. Keep us posted. I live in TO, and work in Port Hueneme - wow I could jump at lunch! WOOHOOO!!!!

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Hi Mcraig, (So what's your name?)

So, is there a standard notam in place, or do you activate a temporary one when you have jumpers? I don't find anything in place when I run a standard area briefing for the airport. Where's the landing zone? What type of jump plane is in operation there? What will experienced jumper lift tickets cost? Knowing the air traffic in the area, I'm a little skeptical. More information would be great!

Thanks,
Steve

Someone named "Michael" on the phone said they do not land at the airport, they land 3 miles north from there. Must be one of the farm lands out there, close to the Santa Clara river bed or something! I really hope there is one as well. I'll get current w/video and everything next payday!

Hey steve,

There is a temporary notam when we have jumpers up. We actually land about 5 miles north east of the airport. But, unfortunately we're not doing fun jumpers right now for insurance reasons. We are hoping to be able to do some fun jumpers soon though. Although, right now we're just running a Cessna 182.
-Mike

Someone named "Michael" on the phone said they do not land at the airport, they land 3 miles north from there. Must be one of the farm lands out there, close to the Santa Clara river bed or something! I really hope there is one as well. I'll get current w/video and everything next payday!

So sounds like their landing over near Saticoy.... I'd still be a bit nervous about that with the air traffic. Camarillo approach goes over the Saticoy bridge - plus normal VFR traffic in the area is pretty heavy. (I used to live near there).

Hope they chime in with more details....

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Hi Gary!

Yeah, it would be great. I could make it there over lunch. Might be enough incentive for me to get current, too. They'll get my support, for sure.

I think it's about time for you to get current! LOL.

Ouch! Ya hit a soft spot there. I updated my profile after reading that. If this place is for real, I'm there already! As soon as it quits raining. I should do a tandem, tho. I've got feet problems, etc. Keep in touch!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info! Good luck! I hope that you're able to keep things moving forward. There's quite a few people in the area that would love to see a drop zone succeed. If you get to a point where you can drop licensed jumpers, even temporarily, I'm in!

Steve

LOL with a 182... you, Gary and I could call in a 15 minute call and totally make lunch jumps!!! :ph34r: ooooh, and imagine when summer comes and we have more daylight.... B|

We should get Teddy & Will to come play.

Oh dear lord... I foresee our check books draining quickly!

g

OMG, is she okay?

I should do a tandem, tho.

Hey Gary, if you do let me know... I'd love to come by and watch/check out the scene.

g
OMG, is she okay?

we're not doing fun jumpers right now for insurance reasons

That's what I got told today when I called them - I was a bit unsure as to the validity of the DZ as I got put through to a switchboard type operation??
However, I'm more than ready to spend my hard earned cash just as soon as (if) things are sorted out.
Just out of curiosity, what is the difference, in insurance, between tandem skydives and experienced skydives?

It looks to me like they are part this company http://www.pacificcoastskydiving.com/ and if I've heard right, they have been pretty successful setting up a handful of 182 sized dropzones across the country. Mostly tandem business from what I hear, but they seem to be doing it well.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.