Boeris

Tennessee Skydiving

There's a slight chance I may get shipped out to Tenessee for work during the 6 months or so. It looks like Tenessee Skydiving is only bout 10 minutes away from where I would be working. Just curious if anyone knows whether they operate year round? Also is there normally a group of experienced jumpers there (at least on the weekends) to organize small-ways and such?

Feel free to PM me...
Thank You!
Justin
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.

Tennessee is a big state. Which dropzone would be the best to go to really depends on where in the state you will be. And if you mean the dropzone in Tullahoma when you say "Tennessee Skydiving", I'm not really sure that there is a steady group of up jumpers that jump there anymore. The owner (Chris Martin) died several years ago, and the last I heard Mike Mullins has been flying there about once a month but mostly doing tandems. I could be mistaken though. I would definitely call ahead to see if they'll be operating before you go.

If you're around the Knoxville area and are looking for a good, fun group of people to jump with, I'd recommend Skydive East Tennessee. There's a really good group of fun jumpers here, they're building a new dropzone from scratch which will open in March. It's off the Sevierville exit on I-40. Until the new DZ opens they are operating out of the Greeneville (TN) airport. If you're interested, PM me and I'll get you put on the google group....

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Thanks Laura!!!
I recieved many great PM's with feedback from various DZ's in that area. You guys rock, thank you so much! I hope to meet you all when/if I get shipped off soon!
-Justin
www.theflystyle.com

"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be." -L.D.