manutd

skydiving at empuriabrava spain

Hi, Im planning on going skydiving at Empuriabrava Spain. Im from the UK. Was wondering if somone could tell me what documents i would need to take with me. I dont currently have a BPA membership would this be a problem skydiving abroad? Also Im not very experienced, only 25 jumps .... so whats the landing area like? cheers.

From what I remember from jumping there during my AFF, and now comparing it to places I've jumped in the UK, the landing area at Empuria is long and narrow and you land right next to the active runway. So as long as you don't NEED a huge area to land in it is fine!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

They are OK with either USPA or BPA membership; give them a call on +34 9 72 45 01 11. Very friendly place; IMO, best dropzone in Europe. There’s always other British jumper there along with some British coaches. As said above, landing area is long and narrow, however the wind in nearly always in either of the “long” directions.

One point to note for new jumpers is that the jump run is always the same direction South to North (sea to mountains) so on a windier day with wind out of the south; you could be quite deep since with 25+ jumps you’ll be near last out of a 20 person Twin Otter. So maybe opt for one of the Pilatus loads as you’ll always have a good spot with 9 people or less on the lift.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

It's all good. If you are coming from an smaller DZ (well, they all pretty much are smaller than Empuria) it might seem a little crowded first. It's very well organized and they also have jump number limitations when the weather is sketchy...

The landing area really isn't a small one as you might get an impression from earlier posts. Maybe a bit narrow but not a problem for sure.

There is this nice guy called Regan (who I believe is a Brit too) organizing jumps and from what I've witnessed, he seems very helpful towards everyone!

Go and you'll go back too :) Have fun in Empuria!

The landing area is good. I've only jumped there once, but the landing area was really nothing to worry about. The town is really not where you want to land, and there is a couple of big roads, but you'll get advice on that from the DZ staff.

It can be windy as this is close to the sea, but just don't jump if you're uncertain about the wind.

Bring your licences, logbook and proof of insurance (more on that on their website).

They all speak english, it's warm and nice there, and the food is delicious. I stayed at a hotel close to the DZ and there was all walking distances to everything, to the grocery store, restaurants and even to the BEACH.

Run along and have fun, now! When are you going?

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

They all speak english, it's warm and nice there, and the food is delicious.

If you come from England food is delicious everywhere.

Just like we Germans meet more relaxed people everywhere. ;)
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.