sandi

Denver in April

I'm going to be in Denver for a few days in early April. I've never been to Denver, so I'm excited to go someplace new. What is the weather like in April? Will I be able to jump or should I just plan on checking out the wind tunnel?

Any suggestions for other stuff to do or good restaurants? I'll be there for a conference, but I should have time for some fun too.

What is the weather like in April?

You could have shorts on or be in a blizzard. Pick your poison.;) It's a great city. The folks up in Longmont are great and Boulder can be a lot of fun at night.

As for food. Paris on the Platt in Denver has a great lunch menu. In Boulder I like The Rio Grande. It's a maxican joint that has some margaritas that will knock a horse over. Those are just a few suggestions from me. I fly into Denver on wednesday. I just want a nice cold Fat Tire!:)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

We spent some time there in early May last year for the tunnel. For restaurants I recommend Gumbo's for Cajun, right on the 16th Street Mall toward the west end. Also recommend The Ninth Door for Spanish Tapas, near the basefall field.

They have a good comedy club downtown as well.

As the first responder said, it's a toss-up on weather. You could have snow or warm, or both. As the saying goes, "if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes."

Mile-Hi will be open - at least on Fri-Sunday at that point (not sure when they open up for all week). The tunnel is on the opposite side of the city (further South), and is EXCELLENT. Offers some AMAZING coaching, very friendly folks, and a great facility. If you can get to both, I'd highly recommend it.

As for food/stuff to do, it of course depends on where you'll be. Lodo is a cool area very close to downtown with bars, clubs, lofts, etc - the hip, artsy scene. The Denver Art Museum is also nearby, and is awesome. If you're a reader, be sure and check out the Tattered Cover bookstore. Cherry Creek is also a nice area of town, with lots of galleries, good shopping, etc. Boulder is a little ways away, but offers a good restaurant-and-nightlife scene (though you'll have to deal with a few college students).

If you go to the tunnel, drop by John Holly's afterwards (it's right next door). Great sushi & asian food - we're there every Thursday after flying the tunnel. :)
If you like the outdoors (weather-dependent), you might head out to Red Rocks and hike to the top of the amphitheater. There are lots of trails nearby, too. If you're downtown, the Cherry Creek bike path stretches across the city. And if you have a full/half day to spare and want to head up to the mountains for a hike, drop me a PM and I'll help you find a good spot (depending on how warm it is, naturally...).

Signatures are the new black.