peregrinerose

Kutztown Skydiving Center moving...

Hi All,

Some of you know that Kutztown Airport is closing, thus forcing the DZ to find a new home. Well, the new home has been officially announced. It's going to be in Collegeville, PA... not far from King of Prussia, Phila, Reading, etc. So, if any of you want a nice DZ with a great vibe, good fun jumpers, low stress, extremely safety and teaching oriented, check out the new digs when they open in the spring.

Besides, you can jump with Skydivingchad and I, so what more could ya'll want?? :)
Official DZ email is below...
Jen

To all jumpers,

I know that most of you have been wondering about the status of the Kutztown Airport and our DZ.

The fact is that the Kutztown Airport will officially be closed on Jan 31st of this year. We have been working hard in finding a new location for the Kutztown Skydiving Center with success.

This spring we will be opening our operation to the Perkeomen Valley Airport located just to the north of Collegeville. Theresa and I am very pleased for the new location. This area could open up many possibilities for us.

Also this April, we and the AeroStore Corp will again co-host the USPA Safety Day at the AeroStore in Pottstown. After Theresa & I return from the USPA DZO Conference and PIA Symposium in Reno, NV I will email you the Safety Day Date and time.

See you all in the Spring and spread the word,

Marc & Theresa

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I have the address for the Perkiomen Valley Airport and a link to an aerial view. This place is only 5 miles further than I drove for Kutztown so I can't complain!

Perkiomen Valley Airport (N10)
767 Collegeville Pike
Collegeville, PA 19426
(610) 489-6011

Aerial View
ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/bureaus/aviation/perkiomen.pdf

I look forward to a fresh start this year.
"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

I haven't actually been there yet, so don't know where the landing area will be. The airport itself is pretty good sized, bigger than Ktown, and although less outs than Ktown had, still a fair number.

Post a bigger shot of Ktown, and the boobs/pussy will be obvious (on/off ramps of rt 222 look just like a set of boobs and a pussy, the DZ is off of 222 right between them).

More 'official' word from the DZ..

To all fellow skydivers & friends,

So far Theresa and I have had a fairly busy off season with some very good accomplishments.

We returned from Reno, NV on Feb 14th after attending the USPA DZO Conference and PIA Symposium. During the DZO Conference KSC, represented by Theresa, was the guest speaker. USPA selected our DZ for it's reputation as a small, successful and energetic DZ. Theresa did an outstanding job with a great applause from fellow DZO's from around the country.

As many of you already know, Kutztown Airport is closed. Fortunately we have found another airport to move to. We are still Kutztown Skydiving Center but will be doing business as (dba) Keystone Skydive Center. Our 2009 Season Opener will be on April 11th at our new location: Perkiomen Valley Airport in Collegeville, PA.

We will have office space at our new location. However it will need a great deal of interior work. Any volunteer helpers will be greatly appreciated. The building will have room for manifest, student gear room, video editing room, and classroom. The building also has a rest room and separate shower.

Once again we will be conducting our USPA 2009 Safety Day at the AeroStore at 10:00 am on April 4th. Thanks to Marco & Jil Castanon for providing such a great facility to have it. I will be contacting specific individuals to participate as instructors. Special guest instructors tentatively scheduled are USPA's Eastern Regional Director - Randy Schroeder and also guru of canopy flight,Brian Germain.
So please mark your calendars for Safety Day - Apr 4th and Season Opener - Apr 11th.

See you all soon,

Marc & Theresa