MakeItHappen

Is AerOhio out of business?

I read some court documents that said:
"AerOhio Skydiving Center, Inc., is not financially viable to continue to generate and/or participate in ongoing discovery and is currently in the process of closing its business effective December 31, 2008." 12-30-08
"AerOhio has ceased doing business and has substantially exhausted its assets, such that it has no ability to pay for the continued services of counsel or any judgment that may be entered in this matter against it." 1-21-09

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I read some court documents that said:
"AerOhio Skydiving Center, Inc., is not financially viable to continue to generate and/or participate in ongoing discovery and is currently in the process of closing its business effective December 31, 2008." 12-30-08
"AerOhio has ceased doing business and has substantially exhausted its assets, such that it has no ability to pay for the continued services of counsel or any judgment that may be entered in this matter against it." 1-21-09

Why should this even matter to someone who doesn't skydive? Haven't seen you jump in at least a couple of years. Do you still own gear?
If I had all the money Ive spent on skydiving, I'd spend it on skydiving!

Sounds like AerOhio 2009 inc. may be on the way.

I don't quite follow you on that. What does that mean?

he means that whatever corporation was doing business as AeroOhio is going to be closed, and a new one will be started to run DBA AerOhio in 2009. Kind of like Precision :)

PS the root cause quite obviously being listed on page 71 of this document : http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/Min_BOD_2008_09.pdf

The page 71 thing:

QUOTE:

Ohio Lawsuit

1. David Roberts (tandem jump instructor), William Blake Milford (pilot of plane
involved in the jump), Aerohio Skydiving Center, Inc. (drop zone).
SPOT, LLC (entity which owned the plane involved in the jump), S.E., Inc.
(manufacturer of the Dual Hawk tandem harness) and USPA (collectively, the
“Defendants”) all are liable for the death of Ellen McWilliams.

2. USPA was negligent in reporting safety mishaps involving tandem jumps to the
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or the other Defendants.

3. USPA misrepresented data about safety mishaps to the FAA, or the other
Defendants, including lobbying the FAA that tandem jumping is safe.

4. USPA assumed a duty to keep tandem jumping safe and failed in this duty.

Sounds like AerOhio 2009 inc. may be on the way.

I don't quite follow you on that. What does that mean?

he means that whatever corporation was doing business as AeroOhio is going to be closed, and a new one will be started to run DBA AerOhio in 2009. Kind of like Precision :)

Yes that is exactly what I meant. I have seen it used a few times to insulate assets from litigation.

Why not just give them a call and ask directly? 330-925-3483 And an edit:

I read some court documents

Did you just happen to stumble upon them coming home from grocery shopping?
Got agenda?

The agendas for the next BOD meeting are on the USPA web site. I don't see anything in any of them about the discussion of the lawsuit.

The page 71 thing:

QUOTE:

Ohio Lawsuit

1. David Roberts (tandem jump instructor), William Blake Milford (pilot of plane
involved in the jump), Aerohio Skydiving Center, Inc. (drop zone).
SPOT, LLC (entity which owned the plane involved in the jump), S.E., Inc.
(manufacturer of the Dual Hawk tandem harness) and USPA (collectively, the
“Defendants”) all are liable for the death of Ellen McWilliams.

2. USPA was negligent in reporting safety mishaps involving tandem jumps to the
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or the other Defendants.

3. USPA misrepresented data about safety mishaps to the FAA, or the other
Defendants, including lobbying the FAA that tandem jumping is safe.

4. USPA assumed a duty to keep tandem jumping safe and failed in this duty.

So USPA gets named in the lawsuit because said DZ is a Group Member?Anyone care to explain once again how the GM program is an asset to USPA?

This settelement or judgement could make the whole skyride screw up look like a walk in the park.

Chris

Pretty standard practice. Take a look and almost any lawsuit involving an airplane. You could have a pilot run out of gas and if the family can find a lawyer to take the case Goodyear will be included in the suit because they made the tires. Again, thank an attorney and our law makers.

Before someone comments on me bashing lawyers again. Please explain to us all how this is close to being a justified practice.

Negative ghost rider......You need to adjust your sentence to, "You as a former BOD......"

This is a good example as to the reasons why the general membership of the USPA voted her off the BOD, though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>:(Why the rumor mongering? You as a former BOD member should blunt your comments and stick to FACTS, Not some tandem or whuffo gabbing.

Are you saying that what Aerohio wrote in court documents is not true? If you want, I can email you the court documents. I already quoted the text from those documents. The documents were submitted by Aerohio.
Their web site provides no indication that they went out of business on Dec 31, 2008. In fact, it was last edited on 1-6-09.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

>:(Why the rumor mongering? You as a former BOD member should blunt your comments and stick to FACTS, Not some tandem or whuffo gabbing.

Are you saying that what Aerohio wrote in court documents is not true? If you want, I can email you the court documents. I already quoted the text from those documents. The documents were submitted by Aerohio.
Their web site provides no indication that they went out of business on Dec 31, 2008. In fact, it was last edited on 1-6-09.

no.

what the court documents say is that "AerOhio Skydiving Center, Inc." is not able to continue doing business. It does not mean that www.aerohio.com is affiliated with them. They could be owned by "Aerohio adventure corp", "Jerry's crash and burn, inc" or any other business

no.

what the court documents say is that "AerOhio Skydiving Center, Inc." is not able to continue doing business. It does not mean that www.aerohio.com is affiliated with them. They could be owned by "Aerohio adventure corp", "Jerry's crash and burn, inc" or any other business

Since you have seen the court documents, then my original post is correct, is FACTUAL and definitely not 'rumor mongering'.

The web site I looked at was jumptoday.com as listed in Parachutist. Jumptoday.com is associated to a company called Aerohio Skydiving Center, Inc. in Parachutist and on this contacts page.
(I believe aerohio.com is aliased to the same pages.)
Whois searches for both domains list Tim Butcher as the owner of the web site.

The web sites advertise a special for valentine's day, just two weeks away, yet they are supposed to have closed the doors.
Their web site indicates that they are in business, the court documents say they are closed, so what is it, open or closed?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I have no seen any court documents. I am only using the data that you provided (your first post indicated the Inc name).

Whois records sometimes go years without being updated.
Whatever is listed in in the latest Parachutist was submitted before Dec 31, 2008

I believe you are on a witchhunt. What is your agenda ? Libel ?

PS look closely at the contacts page that you link. Are you sure it's the same company name ?

I would have sent you a PM as a response to yours, but you do not acccept PMs. weird...

thank you for sending me the documents. Can you send me anything else you have ?

just a disclaimer : I am not an attorney, just someone who likes to argue. I also have met all the defendants (though it has been a number of years, and prior to the incident)