yarak

dedicated winter DZ in TN

The dropzone in Clarksville Tn., Which is just north of Nashville, is open weekends throughout the winter.
It was 33 degrees on the ground this weekend and they were flying caravan loads. These guys are dedicated and honestly I dont think the staff really has anything else to do and possibly no other marketable skills. So i guess they might as well be jumping. Anyway if you are looking to stay current or need a fix and you are in the Tn/Ky area. Check out Outlaw field in Clarksville, Tn.
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

hmmm????????? its also the places to jump forum in case your reading comprehension skills are lacking. Since most DZ's are closed in the area and since they originally announced they would be closed I felt it relevant to this forum. Why would it bother you anyway? ignore it if it doesnt apply to you. what are you 12 yrs old?
Also your reply has nothing to do with events or places to jump so I believe yours is much less applicable and relevant than mine. YOur reply was not neccessary
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

hmmm????????? its also the places to jump forum in case your reading comprehension skills are lacking. Since most DZ's are closed in the area and since they originally announced they would be closed I felt it relevant to this forum. Why would it bother you anyway? ignore it if it doesnt apply to you. what are you 12 yrs old?
Also your reply has nothing to do with events or places to jump so I believe yours is much less applicable and relevant than mine. YOur reply was not neccessary

You should read the sticky at the top of the forum page. Your post might just qualify for the forum but I dought it.

BTW, is the the DZ where they were investigation jumpers for animal cruelty for taking animals out of the plane?

As soon as its no longer owned by ASC, I'll be there!

Well, I guess you have your answer already, this place is definitely owned by ASC, 1-800-Skyride, Adventure, or whatever they are calling themselves this week. They are the same people who tried to falsely answer my question about the Skydive Signs back before Thanksgiving. I was just asking a simple question, and could not believe the lies and personal attacks that these people do just as they are here in this thread. After a couple of months of research and learning more about the whole fuss about this company, I have to agree with Cspencefly, BillyVance, Chaoskitty, Jumpdude and several others who have posted here in opposition of this company's business practices and even their very existence. After all the information I have studied over that last couple of months, it amazes me that they are still in business.
I'm not one to get into an arguement with someone whom I do not know and/or have never met, but I must say that the people who are in these forums are doing a good job.
That's all I have to say, Thanks....

All right, guys, I'm not happy that I had to clean up this thread. All of you who wrote PA's have been on these forums long enough to know that's not allowed. This is your warning, don't do it again.

To anyone reading this thread who wants to go jump at the dz, you've been informed that this is a Skyride owned dz so it doesn't need to be repeated anymore. If you don't know what that means, do a search for a long thread on the subject in the General Skydiving forum and then decide if that is the type of dz you'd like to support with your money. The decision is yours.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, as usual, ASC's DZ is claiming they're the only place to jump and hoping people will blindly follow them.

As you said, Chris, WTS is open. Skydive Alabama is open, theres a new DZ out in East TN thats open, Russelville is usually open (not positive of their schedule), so I think there are plently of DZ's within a reasonable distance of Nashville where you can jump on weekends in the winter.

well I dont control that. I was just letting it be known because most DZ's in that area are closed for the winter. If you dont want to come thats fine.

Nice job putting your foot in your mouth dude. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm in Indiana and Franklin, IN (about 10 miles south of Indianapolis) will put a plane up anytime there is a load of jumpers. Richard Money is the owner and it is a great laid back C-182 drop zone. I went there a couple days after New Year's (for the first time in many years). There were 4 of us and he said as long as there is a load willing to jump he will fly the plane.

I also thought it was funny when he said "I will guarantee you 70 degrees at altitude". And then finished it with "Until the door opens".

Great DZ. Just thought I would add that there are DZ's north of TN that do jump year round.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Yeah, as usual, ASC's DZ is claiming they're the only place to jump and hoping people will blindly follow them.

unless i lost my ability to read and understand what i just read...

he never said they were the only place to jump...

why are you giving him a hard time? would you do the same to someone else saying 'hey, come jump at my dz'??

he said they will be open, if you dont want to go jump there, dont... your buck, if you do, then go...

i dont see why something so simple gets turned into a personal attack, and then a micro-analysis of every statement.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

whats that got to do with anything?

how many of you have actually jumped there and had a problem with it?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Maybe you should enjoy some informative reading, Here's two good references that will help with the clarity of your knowledge about who they are and what they are about.
www.1800skyrideripoff.com and http://funjumper.com/skyride/

After you carefully study this informative literature, ask yourself if you would want to be involved with a company who's under court orders, on the consumer affairs watch lists of multiple states, has Attorney Generals of multiple states on their asses, has had news stories ran about their bad business ops., and on and on and can still honestly give an answer of "yes, I do want to be involved with them", you or they might ought to check their own morality.
All those information sources can't be wrong.
Only here to inform, not argue:|

Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Skydive East Tennessee is operating out of the Greeneville (TN) airport temporarily this winter (until the new DZ officially opens in March), weather permitting. So Outlaw field is definitely not the only place to jump in TN this winter.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

All right, guys kids, I'm not happy that I had to clean up this thread your mess. All of you who wrote PA's were wrestling in the living room have been on these forums long to our house enough to know that's not allowed. This is your warning, don't do it again.

Skymama indeed! I can just envision you saying that.

Andrea, the only thing we are missing now is an avatar of you shaking your finger at them.

(Thank you for your work as a moderator.)

Andrea, the only thing we are missing now is an avatar of you shaking your finger at them.

Don't forget my other hand being on my hip. :P And, I bet they can envision that anyway! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skydive East Tennessee is operating out of the Greeneville (TN) airport temporarily this winter (until the new DZ officially opens in March), weather permitting. So Outlaw field is definitely not the only place to jump in TN this winter.

*** Is Kip involved in Skydive East TN? I like that guy.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver