CSpenceFLY

RoamingDZ.com in Fitzgerald,Ga. Jan. 17-19th:Back to our ROOTS Boogie:Super Otter!!

Back to our roots except with an Otter instead of a C-182.

Please bear with me on the details. This Otter kind of dropped in my lap yesterday so planning for this just started. Any and all information will be posted here and in the forum at RoamingDZ.com so things will be easy to find. Here is what we have so far.

Address:

Street: 168 Paulk Park Road
City/Town: Fitzgerald

Skydiving in Fitzgerald is one of the best kept secrets in the South Georgia/ North Florida area. Reason being there is not a full time DZ there and it is mainly a small group of locals that get together and jump when they can and have a plane.

The airport has a nice paved runway but then tucked over on one side of the airport is a 3600ft grass runway, a nice reception hall,BBQ pit, 25 full RV slots and a 10 acre lake. All within a 100 or so feet of where you can land. Kind of sounds like a dropzone doesn't it. We may have found a home for the St.Patricks Day Boogie.

Basic facts are this. We have an Otter,an indoor packing area(not sure about carpet but I dought it),A nice porch and deck,shade tents welcome. Plenty of RV slots(I'm working on finding out the price on those) and plenty of room to camp(should be free) all of this is within 150ft of where you will be loading the plane and landing. It is a really nice setup.

Prices:

I am still working on the fuel price. Registration will be no more then $20(maybe cheaper) and lift tickets will be $22 or $23. We plan to have tandems available (probably $180) so bring your friends.
This will be a cash only event It would help us out if you bring a few small bills to start the day.

I'm going to try to get the Carbones up to cook for us(someone get them in contact with me) if not there will be some local guys cook burgers and stuff for us. As mentioned before there is a BBQ pit (bring your own charcoal) and we will have some grills there too.

I'm still waiting on info for the area hotels but I am told there are some close by.

That's it for now. Everyone spread the word. This is only a week and a half away.

4 or 5 locals
ardvarkeater
BigBug and LadyBug
Bob Seamen
Bolas
CSpenceFLY & MrsRoamingDZ & RoamingDZ.dog
Divot
Lauralicious & AirWhore
MicDuran
Missg8tordivr
porpoishead
Skymama???
The_Don & Jean
Thomas Crowe
tmaricle55
Whitley
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

4 or 5 locals
ardvarkeater
BigBug and LadyBug
Bob Seamen
Bolas
Divot
Lauralicious, maybe AirWhore & Delilah
MicDuran
Missg8tordivr
porpoishead
Skymama???
The_Don & Jean
Thomas Crowe
tmaricle55
Whitley

John is on call and might not be able to get out of it. [:/]

I logged on to ask WTF was this thread doing in the Bonfire and not the Events forum. :D

Where is the landing area? I like this getting back to our roots thing, but with an Otter instead of a C-182. I'm kind of tired of the C-182 jumps since that's all i've been doing lately. :S I'm trying to round up an East Tennessee contingent to join us, hopefully some will....

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I bet you that somebody will end up landing in one of the ballfields northeast of the LZ. :D

Almost reminds me of the old Monroe days. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

4 or 5 locals
ardvarkeater
BigBug and LadyBug
Bob Seamen
Bolas
Divot
MicDuran
Missg8tordivr
porpoishead
Skymama???
Sletzer
The_Don & Jean
Thomas Crowe
tmaricle55
Whitley

Talked with Adam (Sletzer). He's up for a weekend of actual skydiving.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

4 or 5 locals
ardvarkeater
BigBug and LadyBug
Bob Seamen
Bolas
Darktreader ??
Divot
MicDuran
Missg8tordivr
Peanut (South Carolina brand)
porpoishead
Sletzer
The_Don & Jean
Thomas Crowe
tmaricle55
Whitley

So far I know there is a Fla group from the Tallahassee area coming.Laura mentioned some folks from Tn, Jr Sides may have a group coming from Chambersburg,Pa and there's about 15 or so people on the maybe list on facebook.

So what I need you all to do is this. I need evreyone on the list to bring one or two people with you that are not on the list. This is a Super Otter with new engines, it can easily turn 3 loads(66 slots) an hour.

Tandem $180 or there about. not sure about video. I'm sure there will be someone there that can shoot video.

Having said that please don't bombard me with PMs about working jumps. I have no idea if or how many tandems we might have. If you come and there is work we will use you if we can. I will make no guarantee.

I got a deal that might save you a few bucks.

Free registration to the FIRST person to show up with a NEW XXL t shirt from your home DZ. To make this clear if two people show up with the same shirt, the first one gets free registration. Every different DZ shirt (NEW) gets free registration.

I'm going to try to get the Carbones up to cook for us(someone get them in contact with me)

Spence, Spence, Spence....will would love to come but we are tied up with some other things right now (DAMIT MAN) :S
WE ARE SO VERY HAPPY ROAMING DZ IN ONCE AGAIN "ROAMING"!!
You can bet your sweet asses we will come to the Saint Patty's Day Boogie ;)
Have fun and all please be safe!!
>
Scotty and Tami