Squeak

aff 7

I did AFF 7 today.
fwd dive, seemed to rotate 180 b4 i should have, and log rolled in process.
Stabilised and began back loop, kicked leg and ended up doing 2 backloops, got stable AGAIN:$ turned 180 and tried to track. Apparently it was the best DELTA the instructor had seen in a while[:/].
So what the secret to tracking and any ideas how i can keep control of my legs???
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sounds very cool, Squeak...
So, are you finishing up AFF? Or do you gotta do a re-do? [:/] I'm lurking and reading all the upper level AFF questions/posts hoping to maybe learn something and maybe encourage my fellow students, too. Hang in there dude!
:)

I have few jumps, so take this for what it's worth...

I've been working on tracking so I'm going to share some of the things that have helped me.

1. Try laying face down on the floor, and then getting into the tracking position with your shoulders hunched as much as you can (your chest should be off the floor) and your butt stuck up in the air with your arms at your sides, legs straight, toes pointed. Ask someone to look at your position and critiuqe it, they will be able to help you more after seeing it then we can online.

2. In my humble view, if you're delta-ing it's because your shoulders aren't hunched. You get the sensation of cupping air with the upper part of your body, and you can feel the slow down in vertical speed in freefall. In other words it feels different if you're doing it right.

3. I read in another thread that someone visualized themsleves becoming the shape of a wing, and that helped them. You could also, very nicely, ask a good RW person (someone who can track) to show you the propper position on the ground and the visualization of this can help you in the air.

As always, talk to your instructors - they can help you the most!

Good luck!

:)
Gale

I'm drowning...so come inside
Welcome to my...dirty mind

All good advice. I would add that the track is a rigid position - really tense all your muscles as you hunch your shoulders, suck your belly in and lock you knees out straight.

This next method doesn't suit everyone straight away but it gives a flatter track that will cover good distance. In addition to the above, I also keep my ankles together (but toes apart and pointed), roll my hands over (palms facing the sky) - sort of saluting the thighs, with elbows slightly bent and pushed downward a few inches.

Practice on the ground (if you start standing up, you should start to topple forward) and be sure to snap into the position - in the air (particularly after a jump with others) you will need to pick a heading and lock into your track quickly.

No Airhead there is no redo.
The oject of the dive was to purposely go unstable and then recover. Then track off in a given direction, stay on track and flare wave and pull.
Although, I got unstable 3 times, I revocered each time and kept good height awareness. When I turned off to track i was holding a heading and covered distance. Al of these fullfiled the requirements for the jump. Untidy though they maybe.
So a win is a win :o)
I'm going to put in a couple of consolidation jumps b4 I compltete AFF 8 & 9. I want to get a little better b4 moving to the next level.
Also the cionsolidation jumps are cheaper
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?