DaMan

Beach jumps in Sarasota FL, January 11th

I've talked the private owner into allowing his Allouette to fly jumpers - only catch is that there has to be enough interest (paying jumpers) to make the travel worth while...he's wanting to "presale" 15-20 slots. No money up front, but we need to know we can meet his requested numbers before liftoff...

$60 per slot to 5000'

B| Beautiful view (see attachment of Siesta)...anyone be interested?

Edit: Official Info

This is a GO - weather is forecast to be partly cloudy and 75!
Please read the attached document for more details and directions to the manifest area.

Here's the newest information update:

Sunday January 11th

Times: Beginning at 9:00/9:30am (when we have our first load of 3) until (? - sunset)

Beach jumps from Sarasota airport to Siesta or Lido beach - (which beach TBD based on winds etc.) with ground transportation back to Sarasota airport.

There will be a C-182 on hand for tandems - 2 tandems are currently on the schedule. Fun jumpers are allowed to fill slots as well.

B license is required (C preferred as the landing area is small) and water gear is mandatory (rentals available onsite).

$60 per slot to 5000' for the Allouette helicopter
$35 per slot to ~10,500' for the C-182 (fun jumpers)

Can't wait!

Please reply and add your name to the list including the time you plan to start jumping and number of jumps you intend to make:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name/Time/Jump(s) Helicopter/Jump(s) C-182

DZ Staff 1/ 9:00 / 1-2 (at least 1) / 2
DZ Staff 2/ 9:00 / 1-2 (at least 1) / 1
DZ Staff 3/ 9:00 / 1-2 (at least 1) / 3
DZ Staff 4/ 9:15 / 1 / 2
DZ Staff 5/ 9:15 / 1 / 2
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

I grew up in Sarasota, there are definitely beautiful beaches over there. So much better than the east coast, in my opinion. Those who have the chance should jump at it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

SATURDAY?????

ass hole!

sunday??????

:D:D:D:D:D

dammit!

You forgot the "hey..." :P

Well, not to make my life any more difficult, but there is a possibility of jumping Sunday too - would that make a difference for anyone?
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

...or simply come back to Z-Hills while we have all them fureners.:P

Only aircraft dropping jumpers in Z-hills are owned by the DZ - I'm not going to make TK's life difficult.:) That's why there's no helicopter jumps there any more[:/].

I'll work on dates for January and post them next week...
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

If you plan something after the first of the year I would try to bring a group out of Ga.

Thanks everyone for your input - here's the new date:

Sunday January 11th

Times: Beginning at 9:00/10:00am (when we have our first load of 3-4) until ?

Beach jumps from Sarasota airport to Siesta or Lido beach - (which beach TBD based on winds etc.) with ground transportation back to Sarasota airport. There should be a C-182 on hand for tandems as well - another pilot is working out the details on that part.

Please reply or PM so we can let everyone know what's happening before they drive all the way over to the airport! Also PM me if you need more info or hotel information - I'm checking on a nearby hotel for discounted rates.

Thanks again - big blue ones!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

I'd be interested in knowing the $/slot for the Cessna for fun jumpers.

The price for the Cessna is $35 (part covers the slot and the other is the ground crew/transportation).

I've got a discounted rate at the hotel across from the airport for anyone wanting to get a room - $149/night (yes, that's a discounted rate!). The rate works for a king or 2 queens (if you don't mind sharing the room to same the $$). They have a courtesy van that will bring you over to the airport in the morning too...breakfast is extra, but McDonalds is right across from the airport.

I'll post the details shortly...PMs (to those that sent them) to follow too.

Thanks!
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

So this is a go? No problems with beach access or running from the law back to the van?

Any idea how many slots/bodies might be coming down?

This is a GO - weather is forecast to be partly cloudy and 75!
Please read the attached document for more details and directions to the manifest area.

Here's the newest information update:

Sunday January 11th

Times: Beginning at 9:00/9:30am (when we have our first load of 3) until (? - sunset)

Beach jumps from Sarasota airport to Siesta or Lido beach - (which beach TBD based on winds etc.) with ground transportation back to Sarasota airport.

There will be a C-182 on hand for tandems - 2 tandems are currently on the schedule. Fun jumpers are allowed to fill slots as well.

B license is required (C preferred as the landing area is small) and water gear is mandatory (rentals available onsite).

$35 per slot to ~10,500' for the C-182 (fun jumpers)

Can't wait!B|

Please reply and add your name to the list including the time you plan to start jumping and number of jumps you intend to make:

Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

#1. EmLo (Michelle)/around 11am/at least 1 heli/ 0

Someone get DaMan to contact SkyMama so she can put the current info in the beginning of this thread. I would think about having this one locked and start a new thread since the days changed.

Also have him contact me. He has my number in a PM.

I am working on bringing a group down from Ga.

Someone get DaMan to contact SkyMama so she can put the current info in the beginning of this thread. I would think about having this one locked and start a new thread since the days changed.

Also have him contact me. He has my number in a PM.

I am working on bringing a group down from Ga.

Sent her a PM - she's on it...:)
Here's the updated list:

#1. DZ Staff 1/ 9:00 / 1-2 (at least 1) / 2
#2. DZ Staff 2/ 9:00 / 1-2 (at least 1) / 1
#3. DZ Staff 3/ 9:00 / 1-2 (at least 1) / 3
#4. DZ Staff 4/ 9:15 / 1 / 2
#5. DZ Staff 5/ 9:15 / 1 / 2
#6. EmLo (Michelle)/around 11am/at least 1 heli/ 0
#7. Iago/Morning/1/2-3
#8. CSpenceFLY/ ? / ? / ?
#9. sarajo82/ ? / ? / ?
#10. heatherck/ ? / ? / ?
#11. karlm/ ? / ? / ?
#12.
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Well, sorry to report a $mall $nag with the owner...he has now decided we (me, up front) should pay to ferry the aircraft (about $2000) in addition to paying a better than average rate for each slot
AND
he wants a minimum of 20 jumpers (not just slots) before lifting off >:(! All total he's wanting me to pay out $4000 just to get him here and hope to cover the expense...sorry all, but I'm a jumper too and don't have that kind of money laying around. No helicopter for the beach jumps

UPDATE
On the good side -
We have a Cessna 206 (instead of the 182) for Saturday and the 182 for Sunday morning.

Also, on either day I can take anyone* wanting a helicopter ride in a Robinson R44 (seats 3 each tour) for a 15 minute flight (The ride to altitude would only have been about 7 minutes and climbing the whole time). Great view, fun ride, just no jumping as they don't have the insurance for jumping.

* $60 each, based on 3 (individual weight limit of 240 lbs)

I'm still looking into other options, but it would be last minute at this point...still hope to see some of you there, but wanted to keep everyone in the loop -

PM if you have questions - sorry again.[:/]

Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Also, on either day I can take anyone* wanting a helicopter ride in a Robinson R44 (seats 3 each tour) for a 15 minute flight (The ride to altitude would only have been about 7 minutes and climbing the whole time). Great view, fun ride, just no jumping as they don't have the insurance for jumping.

What if I "fell out"? ;)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota has a special for $299 (if you're a high roller) - for the rest of us, most of us live here...I'd offer a room, but my wife is sick.

Maybe you could catch up with us at Dolphin after the sunset load - I'll ask if anyone can offer a place...

or try these (from Expedia):
Courtyard by Marriott Sarasota Bradenton $89
Lido Islander $69 (not sure about this one)
Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota-Bradenton Airport $139

Do not stay at a HoJo/Comfort Inn/Super8 anywhere near downtown (rates in the $50-70, or hourly if you get my meaning ;)).

See you there

Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez