Cari

Jumpers on Oahu.

I used to live out there and hope to return permanently sometime soon. I will be out there for a week or 2 (depends on how long I can convince my mom to babysit) in Feb and am trying to find some area skydivers to figure out where to go when I get there. I didn't start skydiving until after I moved away, so I really don't know much about my options in that regard.

On the north shore of Oahu there are 2 dropzones at the same airfield. Skydive Hawaii flying a grand caravan and Pacific Intl. flying a Pac-750. THey are both right next to each-other and share the same LZ.
Skydive Hawaii is open all day every day and Pacific generally closes by noon. There are a few experienced jumpers hanging out at both drop zones Some are loyal to one or the other and some drift back and forth between the two. There is a small clubhouse in between and alot of jumpers hang out there.
It's WINDY always, and there are mountains one one side of the DZ and HUGE surf on the other. Skills are good if you get what i'm saying:-)
I work at Skydive Hawaii so I am bias and think we are way better than the competition B| but judge for yourself... have fun!

aloha

Cari,
It's pretty much as Cloudtramp describes. However, I'm partial to Pacific, but jump at both (plane whore I suppose:S). Skydive Hawaii does have a "B" license; 150 jump minimum requirement... unless you completed AFF there. So, come on over to Pacific and we'll get you set up. I also want to stress the importance of situational awareness while jumping on the North Shore. Winds are higher than the mainland and during winter months surf is very high. A good DZ briefing, watching ops for awhile, and not exceeding you limitations are key. Send me a PM if you need anything else.

Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

Get out there before noon for better winds, I thought the winds got funky after noon but before seemed okay..... I was there in 8-07 which was like a month before the girl that had problems there that resulted in the 150jump limitation (skydive hawaii).... At that time Pacific was jumping a king air and I preferred the caravan, that is why I jumped at one over the other..... HAVE FUN

Aloha!

Just arrived here yesterday from Finland. Got my rig with me.
So, I'm gonna be here for four weeks.. if you'd like to meet and jump, show me the things at the DZ (both of them?) and maybe let me ride in your car, send me a PM or email (better) at andersson.jan at gmail dot com... I'm living in Waikiki... I think :)

Also, is there an bunkhouse or some other place to sleep if I want to stay for the weekend?

Otherwise I need to figure this thing out by myself and don't think that's too easy... :$

Looking forward!