katiebear21

Collegiates at Spaceland - Anyone going?

I was so excited because I just got back into school for my masters and thought I could compete. I competed in 06' during my undergrad while I was in FL, and I am now in houston for my job, and thought to myself, "wow... how perfect collegiates has worked out for me again location-wise!" wrong :S Can't compete if you're 25 and up, AND have to be an undergrad. Don't know why I remembered something about grad students being able to do it. [:/]

But, anywho... since I'm local (god, I shudder when I say that. Can't stand Texas and miss Florida so much!) I'll drop by to have a few beers, make a few jumps, and enjoy the festivities. Wish I could head back to the hills though for new years. I'm stuck working an overnight shift on New Years Eve. :(

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I was so excited because I just got back into school for my masters and thought I could compete. I competed in 06' during my undergrad while I was in FL, and I am now in houston for my job, and thought to myself, "wow... how perfect collegiates has worked out for me again location-wise!" wrong :S Can't compete if you're 25 and up, AND have to be an undergrad. Don't know why I remembered something about grad students being able to do it. [:/]

But, anywho... since I'm local (god, I shudder when I say that. Can't stand Texas and miss Florida so much!) I'll drop by to have a few beers, make a few jumps, and enjoy the festivities. Wish I could head back to the hills though for new years. I'm stuck working an overnight shift on New Years Eve. :(

I competed last year as a 25 yr old graduate student. There's a list of 3 exclusion criteria -- one's age, one's time in sport, and one's jump numbers. You have to meet all 3 exculsion criteria to be ineligible.

Per the SCM...

To be declared ineligible to compete, a competitor must have achieved all three of the following:
1. Be more than 24 years old at the time of the meet
2. Made his or her first jump more than five years prior to the competition
3. Made more than 1,000 freefall skydives

I've never competed in Nationas - maybe someone with more experience can chime in here but according to this you look eligible to me.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Wow!!!! This is great news!!!! seriously, this has made my day! I'm not great with reading all those competition manuals, so it's no suprise that I misunderstood the 3 criteria having to be all 3 to be ineligable.

Well, in that case then.... I'm a grad student at Embry Riddle through their online program. Anybody looking for a pick up for freeflying or RW, please send me a PM.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Sweet! I haven't seen you in years! I won't be there during the competition but I'll be there the week before... c-ya then!B|

Yea. its been like 6 years since I saw you.

I think you and Chuck were only dating then.right after you got back from the sand box.

Anyway. I THINK I'll be at Daves DZ the week before.
we'll be at spaceland during the comp.
My photos

My Videos

I'm going to be there the 28th through the 2nd for some fun jumping.

Any other fun jumpers going to be there not competing?
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Hey Katie J....if west point wants some good video...give me a holler :P Ill even ride down with you

I'll keep you in mind for this spring... :)
We're flying to Houston and then driving down to Z-Hills for the boogie. I think this will be a killer vaca!

Katie

Hey Katie J....if west point wants some good video...give me a holler :P Ill even ride down with you

We're flying to Houston and then driving down to Z-Hills for the boogie. I think this will be a killer vaca!

Sounds like a shitty travel agent.
WOuldnt it be easier to fly into orlando?:D
My photos

My Videos

You're right! BUT, gotta have the Billy Bob with me in Z-Hills so gotta drive! B|

Sounds like a shitty travel agent.
WOuldnt it be easier to fly into orlando?:D

Katie

It will be great to have all this talent coming to play with us here in Texas, so as a special treat a good old fashion Texas BBQ will be waiting for you on the 31 complete with all the beer you can drink till the sun comes up, So yal come on down and party,
see ya, THE TEXAS ANVIL BROTHERS
I can be your best friend or your worse enemy, your choice

It supposed to be a friend of ours from Minnesota coming down to visit. He's pretty good plays a good mix of music.
If he's not playing there will be some sort of Music. There is a BIG FIRE built next to the pond for New Years Eve. Thank Ron for building the fire, he got poison ivy in his eye building it. Should be a good time.

oddly enough, im home in pasadena on leave, ill be leaving probably the 28th

i try to get out there every day i can (you may have seen me, pink canopy with one purple and one black cell)

ill be out there as soon as the clouds clear up enough to make me think they are jumping!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

i couldnt tell you, only have 3 or 4 jumps there and didnt really spend much time out there inbetween.

hopefully someone else can answer
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ummm I'm kinda new at this, but spaceland is my home dropzone actually. I have 23 Jumps and go to texas a&m. WHOOOP!!! B| haha anyways do you have to be in like a club or anything to compete? I wouldn't do this year by any means but im just curious. Ill be out there to watch, hang out, and hopefull make the last 2 jumps I need for my A though! Which yaaa I know... A case of beer lol

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"