DougH

Florida Accommodations: Deland and Zhills ?

I am hoping some regulars to these drop zones could suggest some accomodations in their general areas.

I have allways camped out before but I am here on business and I only have a small rental car and my stuff. Lately it has been a little colder than I would like to camp in, and a hotel room would be nice to lock up all my extra crap.

I found an old post from 05 that mentioned that the Holiday Inn near Deland on route 92 offered a discounted jumper rate for walk ins, does any one know if this still stands?

Any recommendations would be great! Thanks for all the help! :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The Holiday Inn in Deland still offers big discounts for Skydivers. Suggest you call ahead.

It's the only way to camp out, clean sheets, cable TV, Internet connection, bar and the all important room service.

Oh yea, and a DZ close by.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Doug

Your best bet in Deland will be the Pool House it's a skydivers bunk house and is always social and close to the dz.

Ask at the dropzone for info, but I think it's like $25 per night.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

For many years I've stayed at the Best Western in Z-hills (now called the Magnuson). this time of the year it is about 65/night for jumpers.....not cheap, but probably the best deal in town except for the REAL dumpy little Mom and Pop places. Very clean, WIFI and free continental breakfast in the am.

I recommend it. Call in advance, though, as they sometimes fill up this time of year.

Pip and Judy have trailers available at zhills....call in advance....season is upon us....

I stayed in them last spring, and I can really recommend them. $25 per night, clean, nice sized bed, air con, fridge, bang on the DZ etc...surely beats tenting in England in the Winter :P.

In Deland contact Robert Chromy or Solly Williams they both have houses that they use to rent out rooms. Usually to teams but they will also rent to individuals.
Probaly around $20.00 per night. Both great people and very easy to work with.

PM me for their contact info.

Sandy
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Doug, get to Z-Hills and get some wingsuit jumps in. Chuck Blue has a ton of suits if you don't have one yet. Buy a suit and join the flock next summer!

Thanks for the information and private messages every one!

Steve, I would be all over a few wingsuit jumps but I only brought my rig with my divey spinny canopy. :o:D

I have to get my new to me tri in a spare dbag so I can bring that on trips and get to more jumps that need a more appropriate canopy! B|:ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Me and my friends were in Deland this february, there were around 16 of us and we lived in De Leon Springs. The owner of the house was Denis. Unfortunately we lost all contact information. Does anyone here know him or know about any other accomodation, suitable for around 10 to 20 people? We would be returning in february 2009.
http://www.prostipad.si

I don't have the accommodations list with me, but just email the gear store at Skydive DeLand ([email protected]). We've got a huge list of accommodations from hotels to rooms in nearby skydiver houses. The rooms are really cheap and in close proximity to the DZ. Several hotels in the area do offer a skydiver discount, the Holiday Inn and the Comfort Inn being the closest to the DZ. Just tell 'em you're a skydiver when you call or check-in.
"...I'm going to feed your fingers to the wolverines..."