fastmartin2002

what is the average length of aff level 1 training?

The program begins with an introductory Tandem Skydive. Prior to your first jump you will 15 to 45 minutes of ground briefing and preparation (it is not a First Jump Course).

That 45 minutes you are talking about is for just the tandem training and introduction. After you do the tandem jump, you will then go and do the regular ground school, which as you said, is atleast 4-6 hours, but can go for up to 8 (depending on how many students are in the class with you, and how busy the DZ staff are). I highly recommend all people interested in doing AFF to do a tandem jump. Skydiving is not for everyone. This will allow you to experience it first, as well as getting over the first pyschological hurdle of jumping out of an airplane.

>i was always under the impression that aff training was anywhere
>from 4 to 6 hours.

If I go as fast as I can, don't take any breaks, and have two or three good students (i.e. fast learners) I can do the AFF FJC in four hours. Five is more typical. I think to do AFF training in less time means leaving things out.

I think to do AFF training in less time means leaving things out.

and the students might get overload, they need time to make questions, practice and think the things the instructor said. The more time you give them before putting them in the plane gives them more time to think of emergencies and ask question about it.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

Mine was 8 hours long!! By the time we finished, the weather had rolled in and we couldnt jump until the next day. Oh well, at least I feel that I got myself a good first skydive edumacation.

------------------------------------------------------

Remember kids, eagles may soar, but at least weasels dont get sucked into jet engines.

My impression of AFF Level 1 is that the length of the class depends on many factors:
1) The instructor. If he/she is to the point then the class will go more smoothly.
2) The classmates. If the class has a lot of people in it, then it will obviously run longer.
3) The classmates. If they ask questions off topic, such as, "What do you do if your parachute doesn't open" when the topic is landing patterns, the class will go longer.
4) The classmates: If one or two just don't get it, the class will go longer.
5) The weather: I got winded, meaning the class took three days.
6) The instructors. If there aren't enough jumpmasters, expect to be there a while.

My AFF Level 1 was with one other classmate, a bright guy who stayed on topic and asked pointed questions. The class lasted a solid 3 1/2 hours before rehearsals (another 1 1/2 hours). Then winded, which made another 5 or 6 hous of total rehearsals.

My wife is hotter than your wife.