"Boogie in Belize V"

San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize

February 14-23, 2009

Perris Valley's "Blue Shark" super otter to 13,000ft

Nightly parties!
Free rum!
Load organizers!
Oceanfront hotel!
Boogie give aways, including free jumps, free tunnel time, etc.
Poker tournament to benefit the town library!
Beach BBQ!

Come skydive over the shark infested "Blue Hole" and then SCUBA dive it!

Wingsuits, RW, Hybrid, Freefly, no jumpsuit jumps!

www.skydivebelize.com

Sponsored by "One Barrel" Caribbean Rum!

I recommend a "D" because we are in freefall over the water on each jump. The LZ is huge, but surrounded by few outs. We have had many participants with fewer jumps attend with an OK from their DZO or S&TA.
Bring some common sense and a positive attitude and all will be well. The three major mishaps in four years were all done by jumpers with over 2,000 jumps each. Go figure.:S
We follow strict safety rules, landing patterns and only put three groups out per pass nearly over top the LZ. Last year 1,112 jumps were done with one twisted knee and a little road rash on a skid in landing.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

I just returned from Belize Monday.

The Belikin Beer is chill'n.
The JetA is purchased.
The party nights are set.
The live music is ready.
The sun will be shining.
The super otter is getting washed.
See you in freefall over the "Blue Hole" soon!B|

I have 15 rooms remaining. Bring a group from your DZ and get free jumps.

Seems to be more about the social vibe, and less about skydiving.

You say that like it's a bad thing. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to going to this boogie one of these days (unfortnately, time/budget doesn't allow it for this year). Not all boogies are about jumping your ass off.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Have you read the web sight??? You can buy more jumps. Yes it a social thing. So what??? That is the only reason i can go with my wife. She dosent want to go to a boogie for a week if all im gonna do is jump all week. It may be a waste of money for you, but for some of us it is money well spent!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

What a waste o $$$

I read that the trip includes 15 jumps spread out over a week!!?? Haha, I'd do that in 2 days at Perris.

Seems to be more about the social vibe, and less about skydiving.

You could do that in one day at Perris with one rig packing for yourself. ;)

Beach boogies are totally different. I've seen hardcore jumpers that crank out 10+ fun jumps a weekend go to a beach boogie, relax, party, and do only a few.

Besides, things are slower in the islands... :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Normally better to ask questions before dissing an event. Especially when the organizer of the event adds stuff like his e-mail, website, dizzy.com name, etc.

Besides, what other event can you take Rich's money at poker? (other than Lost Prairie).

Come on Quad 4's..... ;);)

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

I'm just the messenger, and expressing the views that almost everyone I have talked to shares.

tsk tsk tsk

What a cute little troll. So if you can get 15 jumps in 2 days at Perris, how is it that it's taken you 3 years to get to your 45? I find it difficult to believe there's only been one good weekend of weather per year down in Southern California!:)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Quad 4's was just about the blindest dumb luck a Canuckian could pull outta his frozen arse!!!!!B|
I'll see you in freefall over the reef Major Dad!

Thanks to the Katana 89 flying, 45 jump, wingsuit wonder, my website has been hit lots today! Thanks!!:D

Don't tell the 518 people that were at the first four boogies it's a rip off!!! Shhhh!!!!:P

arrrrr Matey.

Dammit Rich.

After all 4 years in a row, I was gonna go ridin' my Harley's with blonde hotties on the bitch-pads thru the Arizona desert in February. (Well, maybe just through the Bent Prop)

But after talking to Lyal today... (sigh)... do ya want me to mail you my registration cheque or can I just give you the money at the Canadian Invasion?

This Boogie is just too damned much fun... and my liver HATES you!

John

At -26*C my arse is most definately frozen, but there are some quad 4's strategically placed there for ya buddy!

See you over the reef!

Now back to marking finals so I can head south to Eloy for Christmas and some T-Shirt weather......

Blue ones,

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

I'm sure everyone will twist my arm at BC's beachfront bar to do a boogie VI. I will lose my mind once again, my wife will threaten divorce, or at least beat me with the rolling pin and I'll maybe consider setting dates for 2010!
But then I will realize what a fantastic event this has been and it's time to put it to bed for a few years.

I'll let the cat out of the bag now. There will be a full time DZ in Belize by November 1, 2010. More to follow when all of the paperwork, logistics and aircraft are confirmed.B|

We can discuss it all over a cold Belikin in two short months!:)