vivfreeflying

7th Puerto Rico Freefall Festival 2009!*

Hello everyone!
It's time again to begin making plans for the Puerto Rico Boogie, Feb. 11-15, 2009! This next year we will have Two Chicago Otters, great skydives, beach jumps daily, Wednesday night Welcoming Party to set the atmosphere at a local Rest.; Rums of Puerto Rico Friday night Party (free Rum;)), Saturday night Medalla Light Party with live music, catering and did I mention free Medalla Light nightly!; a raffle with great prices and much more.

-> Organizers from all disciplines will be available: FF-Jimmy T., Luis Prinetto and Amy Chmelecki; RW-Guy Wright and Tom Schroder; and WingSuit-Scott Bland and Justin Schorb. Coaching Jumps available*

-> Vendors will be present to demo their products, canopies, and representatives for wingsuits will be available for first flight instructions.

Make your plans early for best airfares--> Feb. 11th - 15th -- Valentine's Weekend -- bring your sweetie, get away from winter wherever you live, have some great skydives and enjoy life 'in the islands' for a while.

-> Hotels- Since it is Valentine's Weekend, I have blocked all rooms (at the most used hotels) under the events name so you can reserve one of those. Call and let them know you are attending the Puerto Rico Freefall Festival. http://www.xtremedivers.com/lodging.shtml

-->For more details go to:
http://www.xtremedivers.com/events.shtml
Also, check out a video by Phil Peggs @ www.skydivingmovies.com

~Viviana
[email protected]
[email protected]

www.xtremedivers.com :: www.myspace.com/xtremedivers

wingsuits, tracking, freefly, rw, crew, high altuitude jumps from 21k, and .........BEACH JUUUUMPS!

i recommend the sunset tracking beach jumps with coolers full of beer waiting in the sand and the obligatory flyby over the waves. dont miss that!
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

wingsuits, tracking, freefly, rw, crew, high altuitude jumps from 21k, and .........BEACH JUUUUMPS!

Have you ever heard of selective hearing? I have selective reading ... :)
PS: There is a chance I'll do a high altitude wingsuit jump (I want to break 3 minutes) but I'm a little nervous about how my body will react to the lack of oxygen.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

PS: There is a chance I'll do a high altitude wingsuit jump (I want to break 3 minutes) but I'm a little nervous about how my body will react to the lack of oxygen.

aww, c'mon, what could possibly go wrong? :)

You mean besides passing out and not being able to jump or jumping and passing out ... not much, not much. :P

Have you ever heard of selective hearing? I have selective reading ... :)

You can't break 3 minutes from 15k? :o

:P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You can't break 3 minutes from 15k? :o

:P

I probably could break 3 minutes from 15k considering I've managed 2 1/2 minutes from 13k. However, I haven't gotten 15k ... Maybe, just maybe, I could break 4 minutes from 21k!

We did a high alti wingsuit jump onto the beach last year. We took the plane out about 2 miles off shore, flew with the plane another mile, and then turned around and flew back to the beach. Plenty of time, even given that I pull at 4k.

We were (of course) led by Purple Mike... We made it back easily - had time to take docks.

In retrospect, it wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done (imagine losing a bootie...), but it made good video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ytlbusHnkc

I can't wait for this year's fun.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I know greymike was getting close to 5minutes last year...4:45 I think it was. :o

edit: ohhh...and he deploys like a normal person, about 1000' higher than you :P

Who wants to be normal? Not me. :P I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms since the season ended here ... I can't wait to visit you.

Hello, Charlie Car Rental has given us a special discount for the Puerto Rico Xtreme Divers Festival . Call and make your reservation, they now have a location in Aguadilla Airport (West) address: Calle Wings, Esq. San Antonio, next to gate 5. 787.890.8929

2dr sub-compact : $21.00 p/dy
4dr compact: $23.00 p/dy
Mid-size: $25.00 p/dy
Full-size: $34.00 p/dy
Mini van : $59.00 p/dy

SJ->(787) 727-7333
www.charliecars.com

CCR also has pick up trucks available.

CCR is open everyday 24 hours WE NEVER CLOSE. They
have counters at the airport baggage claim area and free shuttle service
to/from the airport. All mileage is free.

~Viviana ;)

2dr sub-compact : $21.00 p/dy
4dr compact: $23.00 p/dy
Mid-size: $25.00 p/dy
Full-size: $34.00 p/dy
Mini van : $59.00 p/dy

SJ->(787) 727-7333
www.charliecars.com

Attention RW players:

We really want to break the existing RW PR record this year at the boogie. So, we are looking to get people signed up early on in order to do it on Thursday or Friday of the boogie. The weekend is too busy to do formation loads so we need everyone who is qualified to do 30 ways to give me a shout via email that your interested in comitting to at least 4 attemps. If I don't know you let me your qualifications.

Blue Skies
Guy Wright, organizer
[email protected]
845 532 5867

Does anyone know if you get a hotel in San Juan is there transportation to the DZ? For people bringing non-jumpers and staying in the city (San Juan) should you get a rental car to back and forth to the DZ or is there a shuttle? I heard about beach jumps, are you being dropped over San Juan or over Arecibo? Can you tell that the non-jumper is a woman and she has lots of questions? Thanks for help and can't wait to do some freeflying jumps with everyone!!

Does anyone know if you get a hotel in San Juan is there transportation to the DZ? For people bringing non-jumpers and staying in the city (San Juan) should you get a rental car to back and forth to the DZ or is there a shuttle? I heard about beach jumps, are you being dropped over San Juan or over Arecibo? Can you tell that the non-jumper is a woman and she has lots of questions? Thanks for help and can't wait to do some freeflying jumps with everyone!!

If you are staying in San Juan, youll need a rental car. The DZ is 45minutes west of San Juan. The beach jumps are in Arecibo, 5 minutes from the DZ.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5