pairashooter

Jumper Appreciation Day November 1st (Skydive Houston)

BRINGING IT BACK OLD SCHOOL

Skydive Houston is hosting its' 1st annual Jumper Appreciation Day. Due to the unfortunate cancellation of Ballunar this year, we at Skydive Houston thought we would host a fundraiser event benefiting the Houston Humane Society and Houston Food Bank on November 1, 2008.

With a $12 donation, you get jumps at the low price of $12 all day, 1 raffle ticket, dinner, rights to 4 kegs of beer, and a T-Shirt. Balloon and Powered Parachute is coming for a swinging good time! Our groovy lineup includes:

FREEFLY: Shannon Kidd and Jon McCollum
RW: Larry Hinson, Henry Butler, and Steve Coker
CRW: CRW DOGS and the return of the 100’
Round
WINGSUIT: Purple Mike, Flying Bob, and Jenn
Hinson

We are also having $5 Raffle tickets that go directly to the fundraiser, Contest and Prizes, (including best 70's style costume for you and your dog), Tube Jumps, Intentional Cutaway Harness, and much more.

After the beer light is on, spend the night partying in the Hangar 70’s style. Bring out your platform shoes and dust off your polyester suits, you dig! The shag carpet and disco ball are waiting your sweet moves.
Chris Scaife

Skydive Houston is hosting its' 1st annual Jumper Appreciation Day. Due to the unfortunate cancellation of Ballunar this year, we at Skydive Houston thought we would host a fundraiser event benefiting the Houston Humane Society and Houston Food Bank on November 1, 2008.

With a $12 donation, you get jumps at the low price of $12 all day, 1 raffle ticket, dinner, rights to 4 kegs of beer, and a T-Shirt. Balloon and Powered Parachute is coming for a swinging good time! Our groovy lineup includes:

Round
Hinson

We are also having $5 Raffle tickets that go directly to the fundraiser, Contest and Prizes, (including best 70's style costume for you and your dog), Tube Jumps, Intentional Cutaway Harness, and much more.

After the beer light is on, spend the night partying in the Hangar 70’s style. Bring out your platform shoes and dust off your polyester suits, you dig! The shag carpet and disco ball are waiting your sweet moves.

Hell with $12 jumps . . . how can anyone afford NOT to go.

This should be epic!:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Due to the recent unfortunate incident involving our friend Kris S. (Chubs) we will also be trying to raise money to help him and his family with anything they need help with during this difficult time. The raffle proceeds will still go to the Humane Society and the Houston Food Bank. All other proceeds will go to the Chubs fund. Please come out and have fun while supporting your local organizations and your friend Kris Stumpner.
Chris Scaife

Can we do Ring Around the Turtle jumps??? :D:D

HELL YES! but Voodew, Bob, Ted, and a few others would rather do a "Wing" around the Turtle, me thinks!:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

First of all Turtle you can never fall that slow, but I like the idea. Second. This is a Fun Jumper Appreciation Day, and the jump tickets will remain at $12.00. Once we get finished Chub's benefit this weekend, the improvements and the transformation of the hangar will begin.:o

www.skydivehouston.com

And maybe for an encore, Turtle will show us his amazing acrobatics as he skips through his risers across the pond :D:D;)

I will if you go first.:)

Round
Hinson

SWEET!!:D:D:D sounds like alot of fun.
guess what's 250 lbs and flys like a brick? me

Just a reminder for everyone. It sounds like the SSM boogie went well so everybody get rested up and get their polyester clothing out for the 1970's theme Jumper Appreciation Day. See you all out here.

Round
Hinson

Chris Scaife

You can do this Turtle,,,, take a deep breath. I will let you shoot one tandem video so you can get 3.75 fun jumps. We are working hard on this and getting the grounds ready. The latest is we are having a best fun jumper video of the day. We will project it on the hangar wall or pool area and take votes, no editing, raw footage only! The louder response the better! The winner gets a new pair of gatorz!

Come ALL, Wings, FF, CRW, RW, Video, Swoopers, and the I just want to jump for cheap JUMPERS! This day is about you!
www.skydivehouston.com

I would like to produce a Jumper Appreciation Day video for everyone that wants one. All I need is any footage from this weekend that anyone wants to give me. Jumps and party footage. The more the better. B|

. . . and Scaifie does a pretty decent impression of a video editor when he puts his mind and Kate's skill behind it.:P

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that we have got another great addition to our Jumper Appreciation Day festivities. Fellow skydivers from Chicago will be bringing their outdoor wind tunnel for us to play in this weekend. This tunnel is not the one we had out here last time. This one is rated for 155mph and has no walls. It is great for students, fun jumpers, tandem instructors and has no age limit as long as the kids have their parents with them, so bring out the family and friends who you have neglected due to skydiving to give them a taste. Oh yea, one more thing, it is only $12 a minute.
Chris Scaife