npgraphicdesign

Any DZs close to Raleigh, NC?

Out of those three Raeford is the only one with a turbine. The others have cesnas. Come on down and hang out!

Thanks Diesel! I'm looking to visit a friend in NC in either January or late March for about a week. Would love to get some jumping in, or, if I don't have my license by then, finish out my AFF. Living in NE stinks sometimes! :D

Doesn't Ft. Bragg have a DZ?

Doesn't Ft. Bragg have a DZ?

Ft. Bragg has a LOT of DZs, but they are strictly military training areas. You may be thinking about the military parachute clubs that used to run there for miitary members and their dependents - those have been closed down for a while now.
Arrive Safely

John

I might just find a place to stay around Raeford, do some jumping, and then go visit my friend for one or two days afterwards.

If you're going to do that, I would choose your lodging location based on where you're flying into. If you're flying into RDU (Raleigh), then I recommend you stay in Southern Pines or Aberdeen (30 minutes from the DZ in Raeford and about 1:10 from RDU airport). If you're flying into Fayetteville then staying on the southwest side of Fayetteville is your best bet.

Don't forget the ParacleteXP wind tunnel which is only a few miles from the DZ in Raeford. You may want to book a little time there as well.

Why not bring your friend down from Raleigh for a day to make a tandem?
Arrive Safely

John

I might just find a place to stay around Raeford, do some jumping, and then go visit my friend for one or two days afterwards.

If you're going to do that, I would choose your lodging location based on where you're flying into. If you're flying into RDU (Raleigh), then I recommend you stay in Southern Pines or Aberdeen (30 minutes from the DZ in Raeford and about 1:10 from RDU airport). If you're flying into Fayetteville then staying on the southwest side of Fayetteville is your best bet.

Don't forget the ParacleteXP wind tunnel which is only a few miles from the DZ in Raeford. You may want to book a little time there as well.

Why not bring your friend down from Raleigh for a day to make a tandem?

Those are great suggestions, thank you. I'll probably be flying into Raleigh seeing as my friend lives about 15 min from airport. Any specific relatively cheap places (that you know of) to stay in the towns mentioned? If I spend 5 or 6 consecutive days at the DZ, all I'll need is just a place to sleep for the night. I won't need a penthouse suite for 5 days. ;)

Don't know if I'll have the money for the tunnel time, but we'll see when I get closer to the date when I plan to visit.

I think my friend would love to make a tandem. We'll just have to wait and see come decision time how she feels...:ph34r::D

Would love to get some jumping in, or, if I don't have my license by then, finish out my AFF.

Bear in mind that if you are not licensed your ability to lift and shift to a different DZ to skydive will be more difficult. You may want to call RPC School and discuss your options:
(910) 904-0000. Ask for Tony.
Arrive Safely

John

There used to be a dropzone just north of Raleigh that recently shut down. Some of the gang from that DZ have been driving up just across the border to Suffolk VA to jump. They've got the cheapest jump prices on the East coast (for licensed people anyway).
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

and keep an eye on this forum...many folks from the now closed CSS (the raleigh DZ) are in the works of starting up a new spot that very well will be open by early spring...in time for your visit :)

But suffolk and raeford are both great!
- ever the spazz

Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart, give yourself to it...