Acoisa

Rental Car Florida

I'll be going to FL for 3 weeks late Oct/Nov and I need a car..

The cheapest I found was $700 including CDW for 19 Days..

Does anyone know where I can rent for less?

I usually check Alamo's "Hot Deals" section online. Availability varies and and they don't post these deals until about 2 weeks before the rental date. And, if you prepay, you can save 10%.

Also, depending on where you pick up your rental (i.e., airport, hotel, etc.) can sometimes have an effect on the price.

As for the CDW, you might check your auto or umbrella policies and see if they provide the same coverage. If they do, there's no use getting the CDW and paying twice.

The trouble with European drivers is that most of them know how to drive. Throw them in with a bunch of North American drivers and they make us look bad.

French Canadians - we're just crazy. You have 0.25 seconds to get moving or our just go around you. The only thing that takes getting used to driving in the US is the idea if you piss someone else off they may shoot you rather than yell some words and show a finger...

-Michael

Is that all Europeans, or are Canadians excluded?

***I believe it only applies to Europeans. As a matter of fact, there is a Euro lockdown in Florida right now, which means that no Euros can enter the state until an equal number leave.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

try posting an ad on craig's list. i have a truck i haven't used for two years because of gas prices, perhaps someone else out there has a car or truck they'd rent for cheap.

if you're going through a car rental agency, try telling them you belong some sort of group (USPA or ABA) will get you another 10-20% off.

there's also a lot of local rental agency like eagle or advantage that rent cars CHEAP. you won't find them listed on priceline.com or orbitz.com. Try http://www.eagle-rent-a-car.com/ I just checked there rates, for 19days you can get a car for $419