RickH

Everglades Boogie

Hey Guys... Think I'll have to jump a flight over from England for this one, don't think I could miss it! :D

Anyone one know of anywhere really cheap to stay near ish to the DZ??

Also any clues on how much it'd be to take a ride in the L39?? That'd be just insane :D :D

Take care all :)

Go check out our website...www.skydivefl.com, click on "Everglades Boogie", and it will list all of the hotels in the area and the rates..the cheapest hotel is The Travelers Inn @$59.00 per night. We also have on sight camping available, we have showers and restrooms on sight...if you need anymore assistance contact us @ 1-800-533-6151 or e-mail us @[email protected] ya' there!!!

We are very excited to have added to our list of aircraft that will be attending: Pitt Special Bi-Plane, this is the same plane that flew in The World Freefall Convention, and like you, I look forward to doing an aerobatic roll, loop and hammerhead, being flipped upside down, hang off the wing and get my picture taken before I drop into freefall!!!! YAHOO!!!
We will see you there!:D

sweeet! after seeing the pics. I've allways wanted to do an inverted pitts exit. one week from today I'll be hanging in clewiston drinking beer with the locals. WHOOOO HOOOOO!
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Do you know which specialty aircraft will be flying on Friday and what the jump prices are for each aircraft? I might drive down Thurday night and jump Friday if anything cool is flying. It looks like about a 3 hour drive from Kissimmee.B|

Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

The Pitts and the helicopter will be here on Friday. The cost of the Pitts is as follows: Jump only- $100.00, Jump w/ photos $150.00, Jump, photos, and aerobatics $185.00, he will take you to around 4000 ft. go inverted you hang on to a bar that is attached to the wing he takes photos and you drop off.
The Bell 407 helicopter holds 5 jumpers and you will go between 5000 and 6000 ft. The cost has not yet been determined. I will post prices hopefully tonite.
Hope to see you here!

I just called Air Adventures asking for information about the boogie. I found out I can not use my three jump tickets from last year :-( . I tried to get my money back at that time but the lines were very long at the manifest, and I was told I could use the tickets later or on the next boogie.
:-(
I did one balloon (and I took a friend), 4 Helicopter, some Skyvan and Twin Otter, n(ot counting my wife's jumps and one friend that went for a tandem).
I should had gotten my money back :-(
Anybody else with tickets from Last Year?

No Everglades boogie for me now. It was my fault for not getting the money back but I was expecting at least a "you can use a couple but not all three tickets" kind of thing. You know, compensating for the increase on fuel costs since last year etc.
I wonder if losing the earnings from the tickets of three people on the entire weekend is better than giving someone the chance of using two.
I think I'm spoiled, Management at my DZ really tries to make people happy, visitors and locals.
Way to go Amanda!!!!.
Anyway, have fun everybody.

Yes, I guess everybody has something to complain about.
Me, everytime I travel, I miss so much my DZ.
Of course, there are exceptions, Skydive The Farm for example, I went and didnt want to leave.
I still think is my fault, but one think is for sure, it wont happen again, at least not a that DZ.
:-)

I had a great time at the boogie yesterday, I got four jumps with Guy Wright and one from the Pitts.

The only drawback was they were having problems with the camera on the Pitts. I paid for the photos, aerobatic ride and jump. When I got the film developed I found I had a pic of the pilot working on the camera on the ground, two pics of the plane before I climbed out and one as I started to climb out. :S The pilot told me he didn't think the whole 24 exp role of film shot and offered to give me another free jump if it didn't come out. Unfortunately I was only able to attend the boogie Friday. Just a word of advise, if you got pics taken from the pitts go to a one hour photo and see if they came out before the boogie ends. Anyone know if that Pitts will be at any other events this year? I gotta get a pic hanging off the wing of a Pitts for my office wall.B|

Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

We at Skydive Air Adventures would like to thank all of you who attended our event and appreciate the support that was given. You helped make this event a tremendous success. With over 2000 skydives made in 5 days we were most proud that their were no ambulance rides. At times it was a little overwhelming watching otters, skyvans, helicopters, jets, and biplanes filling the sky with canopies, but the organizers, staff and mostly you kept it safe. Thank you again, and we promise to work hard to make next years event even better.

I had a wonderful time at the boogie. I also did a pitts jump and the camera malfunctioned. only got 5 35mm shots of the start of the climb out. but i showed them the pics. and damn if they didn't MAKE me do another jump the next day free of charge. damn! the bad luck:P fred is a great guy and he and his group made it right with everyone that they could. he gave several people free jumps to make it all good.

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Good day all,

The boogie event was awesome ... And I thank everyone who attended and those at Air Adventures who helped make it happen!

I was one of those who took a spin in the L-39, and you can see video of it at the link provided below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvrCetZVofc

Enjoy and blue skies!
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!