ntrprnr

"Check out my GoPro footage of my first solo!"

Someone actually posted that on Facebook this morning. I'm waiting to hear back to find out where he jumped, and what idiot instructor would let someone on their FIRST SOLO use a camera.

Are we just getting stupider as a sport, or am I overreacting?

Someone actually posted that on Facebook this morning. I'm waiting to hear back to find out where he jumped, and what idiot instructor would let someone on their FIRST SOLO use a camera.

I saw a similar thing on youtube over the weekend only it was jumping camera on his "6th solo". Thought the same thing.
I guess some DZ's don't mind, or don't check?
Here's the link - says total jumps "16 so far". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHICAzzY_s

Well, if he (or she) keeps it up we might end up with some "why jumping with a camera so early is, in fact, a bad idea" footage...[:/]
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

An USPA member DZ that allows students to jump wearing a camera???

No way, I do not believe it.
Not even for non-USPA DZ

You'd be wrong. I've collected two videos from Cat C jumps, where the student was WEARING the camera on the jump.
It is being done in some places. Stupid, but it's not a USPA requirement to not wear a camera. No rules are being broken, just a lack of sensibility

I saw a similar thing on youtube over the weekend only it was jumping camera on his "6th solo". Thought the same thing.
Here's the link - says total jumps "16 so far". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHICAzzY_s

The plane in that video is the same PAC (N750SN) that is shown on the Skydive Hollister website. Looks like a pattern of noobs with cameras.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIcKXIKnkc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Check out the next one on his video list...

Looks to me like an AFF dive with a freaking costume on. WTF?
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

Not surprised if it is Hollister.

Just one more reason to add to my list of many reasons why I will not jump there with the current management that is in charge.

Sad, because it was my home DZ and where I started.:(

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Next time your on a load ask the GoPro sitting next to you how many jumps he has. Bet it's under 100 more then half the time. I don't think any dz gives a flying fuck about GoPro's. Funny though how much time the noobs put into uploading their video of their hands and arms flailing around with an occasional other persons foot but they always get a good look at their canopy opening instead of fucking watching for canopies. I swear they are hoping for a malfunction so they can have a cool video. One day they are gonna have a collision and miss the whole thing because they where staring at their canopy :S

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Next time your on a load ask the GoPro sitting next to you how many jumps he has. Bet it's under 100 more then half the time. I don't think any dz gives a flying fuck about GoPro's.

You're be wrong about that. Skydive Spaceland has a 200 jump minimum to fly ANY camera.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The plane in that video is the same PAC (N750SN) that is shown on the Skydive Hollister website. Looks like a pattern of noobs with cameras.

Considering Hollister had a fatality 6-7 months ago that involved a camera flyer who didn't have anywhere near the requisite jumps, you'd think they'd be a little less care-free about this kind of shit. But I can't really say I'm surprised. :S

they always get a good look at their canopy opening instead of fucking watching for canopies. I swear they are hoping for a malfunction so they can have a cool video. One day they are gonna have a collision and miss the whole thing because they were staring at their canopy :S

Yep, the camera flyers don't like to look around because that makes for jerky video, and no one wants to watch jerky video. So the more people we have in the air with cameras, the fewer people there are actually looking around to avoid in-air collisions. Some day soon, there will be entire loads of camera people flying around not paying attention to each other, and then there will be a terrific collision as a consequence of that lack of awareness, with resulting injuries and death.

But it will sure make for some cool video! I can't wait!

Video's been removed....He seems really cool, I bet his dick is HUGE!!!

Pervert:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

it's been there for over a year and only just now removed, so which one of you posters is it then???

Care to talk us though, the how and whys of wearing a camera with so little experience?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Considering Hollister had a fatality 6-7 months ago that involved a camera flyer who didn't have anywhere near the requisite jumps, you'd think they'd be a little less care-free about this kind of shit. But I can't really say I'm surprised. :S

Ouch.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Yep, the camera flyers don't like to look around because that makes for jerky video, and no one wants to watch jerky video. So the more people we have in the air with cameras, the fewer people there are actually looking around to avoid in-air collisions. Some day soon, there will be entire loads of camera people flying around not paying attention to each other, and then there will be a terrific collision as a consequence of that lack of awareness, with resulting injuries and death.

But it will sure make for some cool video! I can't wait!

have you seen the video of the last incident on Hollister involving the low timer with a cam?

if (or rather - when) this accident happens again you won't be able to see the video - cause they'll start complaining about their privacy, legal issues, family concerns, copyright etc...