Kernowben

Skydiving around Singapore

Hi guys,

I'm living in Singapore at the mo and the only experience of skydiving i have had since i've been here is seeing a very short and rather boring display on national day (no offence intended to anyone involved, watching from the ground is just not the same as doing it). I miss it loads! Does anyone know of anywhere nearby that is still operating? Preference being Malaysia or indonesia as thailand is a bit of a trek up, the place i found doesnt open til november too. Also anyone know if the tunnel in genting is still operational? Cheers in advance for replies.

From what I heard there is only one dz in Malaysia and they operate on a "as they feel basis" ... the tunnel is still kicking and a few mates were there 3 months ago for a few hours of fun. Not the best or fastest tunnel, but it will keep your skills up ;-)

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Get in touch with some of the people at www.skydiveasia.org, they might be able to help you. While the site is generally out of date, you can get some contacts there that might know more. Also PMing DZ.com user grosfion might help, he used to be based in Singapore and may have some better first-hand info/contacts.

Also there's a newer and bigger(and faster) Skyventure tunnel than Genting in the works at the new harbor center, which will open next summer or so; their staff is being trained at the UK Skyventure Airkix atm.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Hey Ben, firstly, the wind tunnel in Genting Highland - Malaysia, is under "repairs" for an "indefinite" period of time ... as for jumping in Asia, only place operating is in Udon Thani - Thailand (north east Thailand, very close to the Thai Lao border = www.thaiskydiving.com), other place is in SriRacha (near Pattaya - www.thaiskyadventures.com) is scheduled to open November 2008 but I heard they hit some snags, as for malaysia, its a bit unreliable for fun jumpers as they operate only when there is a booking, and even then, it might be cancelled at the last moment...indonesia does not have anyone else that can help to arrange for a skydiving session since they lost 2 of their organizers a couple of years back in a plane crash...call me 97318873 if you need to talk more:)

Danniel Lee - Singapore
"Life is full of choices, its what we make of it that really counts"

indonesia does not have anyone else that can help to arrange for a skydiving session since they lost 2 of their organizers a couple of years back

that still is sad, the Lido operation was a very nice place

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants