ljwobker

Carolina Sky Sports closing down...

Hey all,

I am just as saddened as everyone else. I enjoyed my short time there but as they say All god things must come to an end. Luckily, we all live in an area of the US where there are alot of DZ's around. I will miss jumpin the CASA but I will not really miss the long layover's between each load. My DZ has always been Raeford but I just loved CSS and the layed back feeling of the place. But look at the bright side of things Raeford is only a couple of hours from CSS and for some people it is closer. Like me now I only have to drive 20 minutes to Raeford and jump.

I just wonder what the instructors are going to do now that they have closed
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Harry -

Can't believe you filmed me in my loft :):|

That was probably the most special part of my weekend. Many tears shed ... and even though I hated being on camera at the time, it was exquisite.

We shared many good times, and consoled each other during some painful losses.

I'm extremely proud to have been your rigger these past 8 years.

Love you, my friend.

-Dawn

Good, cuz we're in the business negotiations of a Caravan. Matter of fact, we're closing the deal is the last I heard from big daddy, so we ain't gonna be a 182 DZ much longer!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Two Words - Government Contracts.

Actually, the purpose of the closing was two-fold: for NEK to acquire an entire, ready-made aircraft fleet for contracting purposes, and to acquire a jump-ready training facility for military freefall training. The company, NEK, is looking for other turbine aircraft certified for military use as well.

I have made a ton of jumps at CSS over the years, but will not fault Paul and Nancy for taking the deal and putting some much-earned money in their pockets for their many-years of work they have put into the sport and their operation.

How many of you remember jumping there when there was only a D-18 Beech and a Cessna 182? How about before the old building burned down? Man, I AM getting old! :D

Anyone wanting to talk the military/contracting side of this can feel free to PM me with your questions. I contract for the company that bought the DZ.

Chuck