npgraphicdesign

Skydiving places in Austin, TX?

Hey guys!!

Well I'm hoping that by June next I'll FINALLY have my license. I took a break for 3 months and picking up my AFF again memorial day weekend. Yeaaaaa!!!! B|

Here's my question: If all goes well, I'm going to design conference next year in Austin, Tx. I want to get there a day before and take a bunch of fellow designers jumping...even if it is only Tandem. One of them even wants me to push him out of the plane with a well placed sneaker in the back. Are there rules against that? ;)

So are there any good places around Austin, or within a respectable driving distance? I don't want to drive too far...but about an hour or so is doable.

Thanks Guys!! Wish me luck on my license continuation...hopefully I can get past my AFF2 this time...:P And Doug, Dave and all of you who want to make wiseass comments about me crashing into trees...sheddap. :P

Skydive San Marcos is by far the best facility in the Austin area but expect to wait a while as they are short on instructors

twin otter -- nice gear -- and they play by the rules -- if the winds are to high no jump (which means they put your safety over your dollar unlike others in the area)

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Skydive San Marcos is by far the best facility in the Austin area but expect to wait a while as they are short on instructors

twin otter -- nice gear -- and they play by the rules -- if the winds are to high no jump (which means they put your safety over your dollar unlike others in the area)

Well we're still a year away...and I hope by then I"ll have my license...so at least I can jump. :P Don't about all those other rascals.

I started jumping when I lived in Austin. I started jumping at Capitol Skydiving which is definitely the closest and the smallest. They supposedly just bought another plane for fun jumpers. They have a C206 for Tandems and a C182. The owner is a very nice guy and if you call he will tell you his schedule, etc.....
Next closest is Skydive Temple. I believe right now they have only a 182 but they often rent a Caravan from Dallas. The advantage of jumping there is that once your done jumping THE BEER IS FREE. There is normally Shiner Bock on a kegerator. Its great....
Next Closest is Skydive SanMarcos. Definitely a crap load of jumping is done there. Far more jumping than any of the previous two. You might not feel as welcome there as a new jumper not having gone through their Aff. But there are definitely a lot of cool people that jump there and can get more tandems than the others. There is also food out there (Temple as well, I forgot) and a POOL!!! Just dont get a speeding ticket on the way cause the cops are dicks. (I got a ticket about 50feet before the speed limit increases >:()

Hope this helps.
-Adam T