flr169

northwest skydivers in Washington state

was just wondering if this dropzone is still operating.

looking to head over to Washington state to do some skydiving from Abbotsford, BC...

any info appreciated

Mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

The DZ is indeed surviving with the owner of the airport running the operation now. The name has changed to Interstate Skydiving Club. They have a C-206 currently being worked on but there is a C-182 there right now. As a DZ it is finally becoming a DZ that has a student program and they have new facilities. There is a great vibe.. and the scenery of the North Puget Sound and the North Cascades National Park is just as stunning as it always has been.

The hours are currently from 9 AM to dusk on Sat and Sun, 5 PM to Dusk on Friday and Mondays

Currently they have 2 C-182 and a C-206. There will be a caravan in Sept that the Harvey's have bought.. but not yet.

SD Snohomish has a very active tandem program as well as student programs. Call the DZ and check how busy they are on a weekend.

You know, Jeanne, 3-ish hours on I-90 gets you to the Ritz. (West Plains.) John and Valinda are supposed to be coming over the 2nd weekend of Sept.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

Oh, and another thing, you know how many young female jumpers we have in Ritzville who are not in the PMS? Scads, I tell ya'.

And Grannyinthesky is supposed to be here the same weekend Valinda and John are....

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

And I talked to Rex, we can start flying friday afternoon Sept. 12 whenever you all get here. It is Rex's day off, and he will fly for usB|

doc

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

yep we have a group from star invading as well as a group from kpow - Rex is willing to start jumping early on friday if we can fill the plane - so will start a list in the events forum;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Ok ok already.. Flying Squirrel and I will hop in my Bugly and drive on over Friday after work.. I will bring Super Barbie along as well JUST in case any of the girls wanna do the pass the Barbie thing...

damn...i hate missing out on the barbie jump...don't think i can talk doc into letting me jump at that point - will pass it on to the chica's and add you to the list for the kpow invasion;);)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:)
..... psst and guess what... I'm ready for the barbie jump!! ;)

just finnished all my test and grad dive sunday... got winded out on my 25th.. so only one more fun jump and I got the A !!!!! (finishing friday or sat!)
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Sheesh.. its about freaking time already... Sept... hmmmmmm

For all the kiddies out there thinking of starting their skydiving in WA....in our wet cloudy winters.

You MAY want to start with Static Line.. if you want to get your A license sooner.. rather than waiting for the weather and altitude to do AFF.....:):):)