jdpml

Caribou/Zhills

Well, it really is great jump ship physically, but the economy of it isn't all that great given what it costs to operate an hour and given today's fuel costs. When I was talking to Goby at PenTurbo about this plane, oh maybe 3-4 years ago, he was saying it was about 1400/hr to operate. In today's dollars, if you get it to do two loads an hour, which is what Goby thought it could do, you'll have to fill it w/ more than a few tandems to make sure you're not losing money.

Incidentally, how long did it take to get to altitude? I'm envious that y'all got to jump it.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Best guess is about 20-25 minutes. The nice thing about the ride is that there was lots of room (as larges as a DC-3 inside) and easily 20 more jumpers could have made the ride. Back door stayed open the entire ride to altitude and opening is larger than a Cassa. Canvas seats on the side with huge seat belts that were easy to attach.

Jump speed a little faster than the Cassa and OH WHAT A RIDE out the door. Floating was a breeze, Diving a blast. Too bad for those who missed it as it was a real treat. Thanks again to Paul for getting it set up for us.
Dano

Damn it I wish skydiving Movies would just fucking work without any login. That's a pain in the ass.

Did you click the link above? No login required when a guest pass is used. Having to log in sucks and keeps a lot of people out. That's why SkydivingMovies.com still exits. :)

Lemme know if there's a problem with your account.

Dave