ryan_d_sucks

How much cash for Richmond?

Hey all,

I'm a shitty skydiver living in Indiana. I got my license back in March, and I really want to check out the Richmond boogie this year. It should be a couple hours drive from where I'm at, so traveling expenses won't be a huge concern. I also plan on camping out at the boogie..

The question becomes, how much money is enough? I'm thinking I can scrape together about $450 between now and then to just blow on this trip. Is that enough to make it actually worth heading out there? I want to jump my ass off and have a good time. At less than 100 jumps can I even get on the more expensive lifts (like choppers and balloons)? How much is enough to budget for a boogie??

At less than 100 jumps can I even get on the more expensive lifts (like choppers and balloons)? How much is enough to budget for a boogie??

Jump numbers have nothing to do with the price of the specialty jumps (but you might need a B license to sign up)

Plan on bringing food or bring money for food. Plan on spending roughly 100 each for things like helicopter and balloon jumps. Plan on paying 25-50 for boogie registration. Then plan on paying 20-25 a pop for your jumps. Figure out how many jumps you want to make, then add it all up and see how much you need to bring.
Owned by Remi #?

Sometimes you just pay for the experience. :)Since your budget is tight you might think about saving the specialty aircraft for a later date.
Focus on getting on some organized jumps and building skills.
Then put your focus on meeting people and having a good time.

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

If you go to their website you can pre register to save some money. I bought a package over the winter with 3 tickets and registration for something like a hundred bucks. They haven't really had "specialty" aircraft for a couple years, they do have a Skydive Chicago otter, and Mullins king air. They do have specialty rigs, pm Stratostar about jumping a round if you want in on that. I think the boogie actually starts on Friday, us die hards start showing up wed. or earlier. Most good stories start with, "This one time... at Richmond".
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

$450 will be plenty, depending on how much you want to jump. This will be my 3rd year at the Boogie and I promise you there won't be a dull moment! Camping, beer, and entertainment is free so all you have to pay for is registration and jumps. Register now at skydiverichmond.com to get a discount. Can't wait to see you there...you're gonna have a blast!