alexbitt

Back-to-School Boogie in Deland Sept 26-28

Hey everyone, my name is Alex Bittner and I am starting the skydive club at Stetson University in Deland, FL.

We are hosting a Back-to-School collegiate boogie at Skydive Deland September 26-28 to boost interest with students about our club and the world of collegiate skydiving in general.

The boogie will have:
- discounted tandems
- load organizing by D3
- sport accuracy competition
- live entertainment
- catering by the Ocean Deck Restaurant and Beach Club
- canopy demos
- coaching sessions
- drink specials
- giveaways
- and much, much more

The club is just getting off the ground and we feel that a boogie to start out the school year and collegiate skydive season is definitely in order. There will be free camping at the DZ and there are multiple reasonable choices of hotels and motels in the area, as well.

Let me know if you're interested in coming and if you have any input about things you'd like to see at the boogie so we can take care of that while we have the time.

For more information about the club and the event, check out our website
www.stetsonskydiving.com

Blue Skies

A few updates:

Skydive Deland has a Skyvan, Twin Otter, PAC750, and Porter for us to use at the boogie!!

Team D3, the coaching and load organizing team, has a website to check out
http://www.teamD3.com

Pre-registration and Pick-A-Pilot tickets can be purchased through
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/132285670

I'm doing T-shirts and all that jazz soon so let me know if you're interested in coming!

A few updates:
Pre-registration and Pick-A-Pilot tickets can be purchased through
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/132285670

Disregard that link, I'm having issues with it.

On a brighter note:

Jagermeister and RedBull will both be in attendance at this boogie.
FREE JAGER AND RED BULL!!!

More updates as I get them.

Blue Ones,
Alex

I'll definitely be there! Hopefully not in the form of a gear store employee but a fun jumper jumping my ass off and partying it up.

Seriously people...even if you don't like Jaeger, NO ONE can say they haven't had crazy nights spurned by it.
"...I'm going to feed your fingers to the wolverines..."

BOOGIE UPDATES:

- Deland Hybrid is hosting a freefly seminar/boogie the same weekend as the Back-To-School Boogie at Skydive Deland! Their team will be hosting a free seminar on Saturday September 27 for FREE about FF, VRW, and much much more! The team will be coaching all weekend and boogie attendees are encouraged to get involved in the coaching sessions that are guaranteed to make you a better vertical flyer.

- The Perfect Spot Restaurant at Skydive Deland will be making some delicious food for Saturday's wing night (wings provided by the world famous Ocean Deck Restaurant) and Sunday's pig roast.

- The boogie is open to all jumpers! Even though this is an event to promote collegiate skydiving and the Stetson club, this boogie is open to everyone and we feel that the more the merrier! Come out for discounted jump slots, raffles and giveaways, fun competition, and FREE BEER NIGHTLY!!

check out www.stetsonskydiving.com for more info

I know we're all in it for the skydiving, but must I point out the word "FREE" followed by "BEER."?? Put it together...FREE BEER!! Woohoo!

And there's the fact that Hybrid freakin' kicks ass as well.

And you're going to be kicking your OWN ass if you're not there.
"...I'm going to feed your fingers to the wolverines..."

Alright, I finally locked down a schedule for the weekend. There's an event on Facebook, too. If you plan on coming, drop me a line on here or via Facebook.

Friday:
- Registration
- $21 slots / $144 tandems
- Coaching & load organizing by Team D3 (freefly, relative work, tracking, canopy flying)
- Free beverages all night
- Open Mic Night concert at Stetson (rides provided by the brothers of Phi Sigma Kappa)
- Free camping
- Free Beer

Saturday:
- Registration (if you haven't already)
- FS and VFS Seminar by Deland HybridX in the morning (for free!)
- Coaching & load organizing by Team D3 all day
- Coaching by Deland HybridX
- Free food and beverages all night
- Live entertainment by Benny Loco
- 4-way and NSL seminar by THE Kurt Gaebel
- 4-way scramble team pooling for Sunday
- Raffles and giveaways galore!
- Wings from the Ocean Deck & sides from the Perfect Spot
- Free Camping
- Free beer

Sunday:
- Registration (if you haven't already)
- Coaching & load organizing by Team D3
- Coaching by Deland HybridX
- 4-way Scramble by NSL
- Raffles and giveaways galore!
- Farewell pig roast
- Free Camping
- Free beer

The weekend is packed full of fun times and great deals. College jumpers from all over the east coast are planning on coming and you should, too!

Skydive Deland VFS Skills Camp with Deland Hybrid XP

Skydive Deland is hosting its first VFS training and skills camp. This event is geared toward learning all Hybrid has to know about Vertical Formation Skydiving. This is a great opportunity to come and get acquainted with Skydive Deland’s newest skydiving team and also learn more about the newest discipline in skydiving. Whether you’re a beginner skydiver, an old school belly flyer, or an advanced freeflyer, this will be a great event for you to broaden your knowledge of vertical flying. The camp will start off with a seminar about the VFS dive pool, dirt diving, and how to plan and execute the whole dive pool. There will be a strong focus on basics and it will be a friendly open forum in which you can ask questions, take notes or even video tape how Hybrid trains and plans their jumps.

This Seminar will take place at Skydive Deland on September 27th at 9:00 am. The seminar is free to attend and will be going on till about 12:00. Starting at 1:00 pm all Hybrid team members will be available to do 1 on 1 coach jumps. Jumps will include video, with video debrief. This will be a first come first serve basis so be sure to register with Skydive University early.

On Sunday September 28th Hybrid will put together groups (up to four) to start applying the information gathered from the Seminar. It is highly recommended to attend the free seminar the day before! Each group will make six jumps your group will be with a minimum of one Hybrid member and also have video. The cost of this part of the event is $300. If there is interest in doing larger sequential afterwards Hybrid will be organizing for that as well for the cost of a jump ticket.
VFS is in it 2nd year as an official event at US Nationals scheduled to commence in October of this year. It is catching on all over the world. In fact following US Nationals is the first FAI sanctioned World Cup of Vertical Formation Skydiving. Teams from several countries are already scheduled to attend this event and compete. Deland Hybrid XP will be one of those teams.

Big Boogie Update!!
*Professional Masseuse Karen Corzine will be setting up her awesome massage chair on the deck of the dropzone right next to the FREE BEER!!!*
*Food on Saturday Night will consist of wings from the Ocean Deck along with cole slaw, baked beans, and vegetables from the Perfect Spot*
*All three days will be full of raffles, giveaways, load organizing, and coaching*
*Saturday night enjoy a full set by Benny Loco along with free beer and drinking games on the deck*
*Sunday cookout along with three rounds of 4-way scrambles*

I won't be jumping, but I hope to make it out this weekend if I can get over a cold I have. I hope I get to meet you guys. Say hello if you see me!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon