wildcard451

Skydive Coastal Carolinas

So I'm gonna be headed to Myrtle Beach this saturday and had pondered headed up to SCC and trying the place out. Of course I'll give em a call and all that other stuff, so let's get all of those replies out of the way.

Anyone got a vibe for the DZ? Anyone gonna be out on Sunday 6/22 to jump with that is a local? None of the reviews on the place are current on the site here.

Thanks for anyone that decides to chime in.

The last time I was there (couple years ago), it was a very small, family-friendly DZ. Warm and open vibe.

I plan to be in Myrtle next week, and was also considering a day trip up to SCC this Saturday (6/21) or Sunday (6/22).

Maybe I'll see you there.

Justin

Although not "technically" a local, about 1/2 my jumps have been down there...

The vibe from a couple of years ago is correct... 182 flies a mix of tandems and a few upjumpers. Family friendly would be fairly accurate, mine will be milling around all weekend. Also welcome to bring your dog, as there is ussually a large group of them running around. Depending on the day, your kids can run with a smaller group of those.

I will be down this weekend and always happy to have people to jump with. We will have to check the tide chart to see if we can get a few beach jumps in.

I will be out there on Saturday and Sunday. Start time is ussually 9 or 9:30, with Sunday being a little later of a start than Saturday. Sunset sticks a fork in it.

Come up and introduce yourself...

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."