peckerhead

Jumping in Utah

Just curious what is going on these days, I have not jumped there in a long time and I might be there this summer. Most of the threads seem to be old so please don't be a "do a search nazi"

(I hate the "do a search nazis")

Not down south (Moab) but in the SLC area.

Thanks!

2 DZ's. Both Nice.

Skydive Utah has a King Air and a Cessna is just west of SLC on the South shore of the Great Salt Lake. They are a very family oriented DZ, DZO is Jack Guthrie. This is my home DZ. They are on a municipal airport with a great view of the mountains and lake.

Ogden skydiving center is about 45 minutes north of SLC. Last I knew they were flying a Caravan. I think they have a couple of piston Cessnas also. DZO is Brian Wallace. They are located on a municipal airport with an operating control tower. They have a wind tunnel nearby.

I would say check them both out. You will find nice people at both places.

There is a listing for Airventure skydiving. I don't know if this company is still in business. It was started by a guy named Pat and his wife Sandy. At one time they had a Turbo 207 and a tandem rig, but last I had heard they were no longer around. But they still have a really out of date website up. airventure1.com There has been no jumping in Heber for years.

I jumped at skydive Utah last summer in Toole and had an awesome time. It was my 16th jump so I was a little nervous, and they helped me out, talked to me about landing pattern and it was an awesome jump.

Plus the view was amazing. :)