mdrejhon

Guy Wright 40-Ways near Niagara Falls June 19-20-21-22 (Skydive Burnaby)

Hello,

On June 19-20-21-22.... Guy Wright is holding 40-ways at Skydive Burnaby, which is on the Canada side near the Niagara area.

It is an annual event to have Guy Wright. No registration needed, just show up, smaller ways will test whether you can be part of the bigger ways. Two Twin Otters - the more people the merrier! If you decide to sit out the 40-ways, there's plenty of smaller ways and freefly happening!

(Completed my first 49-way at Perris P3 last month and hoping I can stay in the 40-ways this year without being cut this time around. ;) )

(Completed my first 49-way at Perris P3 last month and hoping I can stay in the 40-ways this year without being cut this time around. ;) )

DON'T FUCK UP! B|

Agreed! :D

It depends on the organizer and the goals of the event. Some wield a sharp axe and you're out after one fuck-up. Others are more tolerant of minor mistakes, but fuck-up 2 or 3 straight dives you're out. If it's a training event, most likely they move you to another position if what you were doing was too difficult.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It depends on the organizer and the goals of the event. Some wield a sharp axe and you're out after one fuck-up. Others are more tolerant of minor mistakes, but fuck-up 2 or 3 straight dives you're out. If it's a training event, most likely they move you to another position if what you were doing was too difficult.

I think the Canadian jumps are more forgiving because there's somewhat of a shortage of Canadian RW skydivers willing to congregate in one location to make even an 80-way or 100-way record. The last Canada Big Way Record event allowed almost anyone who had reasonable RW experience (20ways) and it was more like a Canadian bigway camp than a bigway record attempt.

However, I'm more ready this time around to practice two-and-three-plane bigways, thanks to Perris P3. I think we can do it within the next couple years and I intend to be one of them... Or at least try. ;) It's why I went to Perris P3...

But yes, good advice: Don't fuck up!

Message from Skydive Burnaby. Date change, it's now 20-21-22 excluding the 19th, I think due to organizers.

Just a date change with the 40 Ways -Instead of the 19th as a start date it will be Friday June 20 till Sunday June 22.

Also this weekend will be the first of two weekends scheduled for the 20 ways for Ahmed weekend - June 14 & 15. See You There

Play Safe
Skydive Burnaby