jumpoutnow

July 4th weekend?

It all depends on my trip to Europe. No doubt I have to head over there round the 16th of June. It's still up in the air if I'll be home before the 30th of June or I'll be headed home on the 3rd.

Meaning?

I should be at The Farm on Friday evening.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Hey there southern sky jumping peeps! This is too cool. It looks like I will be in the ATL area for the 4th of July weekend and I was sitting here trying to figure out where to go jump. I've never been to the Farm but have heard great things. How's the camping situation? Is it cool to pitch a tent for the weekend?
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Cool. We love when new people come for a visit.
There is a great tent camping area near the swoop pond. You get front row seating for the swooping show.
There are indoor bathrooms and shower facilities and a washer and dryer, as well.
The Snack Shack serves up great lunch. Several people grill out at their campers or a group will go into town for dinner.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Sweet! I'll be there in full force then. And I certainly support the whole case of beer for the first jump on a new DZ thing. Sam Adams and Bud Light unless anyone has any issues with that. But I've found that as long as it's free it usually finds a home!
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Jumps will be $17.76 Friday-Sunday:)

That's awesome Hans, im kinda partial to the Red, White, and Blue theme your havin this year; hopefully Mike will have my new canopy by then and with the new color scheme it would be a perfect weekend to jump it!! No better place than there man!

Brad
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

It's official. I will be there Friday sometime. I'll just be back from Europe on the 3rd. I know I'll be a mess, but I'll be there all weekend!
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I've been seeing a lot of stuff in the paper about the farm and I am wondering how might this impact the events planned. This was the latest thing in the paper:

Skydive the Farm ordered to "cease and desist" by commissioners
by Agnes Hagin
1 day 2 hrs ago
The Polk County Board of Commissioners has approved a “cease and desist” notice to Skydive The Farm.

Commissioners, during their June meeting, approved a motion by Commissioner David Jarvis, seconded by Commissioner Frank Lott, to authorize Brad McFall, county attorney, to issue the notice for “activities that violate Polk’s zoning ordinance.”

County Manager Clinton Lester said in a later interview that Skydive The Farm, located at 1195 Grady Road, is in an area zoned A-1 or agricultural/ residential and has continued with what the county board considered commercial activities.

He said these included a café, skydiving school and renting trailers for overnight camping.

Residents Lorie Morris, of a Knight Road address, and Glenn Campbell, of Grady Road, also made this point during last week’s work session.

Morris listed a number of issues with Skydive the Farm, which she said has impacted the community. These include increased traffic, reckless driving, problems with noise, continued trespassing on private property with fences cut, gates left open and safety concerns about skydivers.

Campbell said he would not “beat a dead horse to death” but emphasized that he believed “it was time for this board to step forward, enforce the law, rules and guidelines of Polk County.”

“The agreement was they skydivers would park at the Polk County Airport, get on a plane, drop out at Skydive The Farm, not on neighboring land. Then, they would get back on the bus and ride back to the airport.”

Commissioners also approved the motion, made by Jarvis and seconded by Commissioner Marshelle Thaxton, to deny a special land use permit to operate a campground on Skydive the Farm’s property. >:(:(

Life's a bitch so be one.

Ok.....before this becomes a runaway train.

The Polk County zoning ordinance reads: {Dropzones are permitted in A-1 agricultural land}
The ordinance is recorded at the Polk County Courthouse.

The agreement was made between Skydive the Farm and the Polk County Commissioners in 2003 or 2004.

The cease and desist order is in reference to any activity that is not conducive to A-1 zoning. None of which are being done.

Commercial taxes have been paid on the property and a business license has been issued from Polk County since the very first day of operation.

Peace.
People are crazy. Cuz there's more of 'em.

Ahhh so many haters.

I'll be there. Visiting my friends. Following the rules. Having a very nice time at a very pleasant place.

Thanks for all that you do. We appreciate it. :)

Mohoso Rodriguez #865