billstap

$4,000 and the month of August----Help Me!

I am a teacher, and will have off from august 3rd until september third, i will be recieving about 6 thousand in checks throughout the month of august and after bills that leaves me with 4 G's......please help me with any info as to where is a good spot to hit up around that time of yr....so far i was thinking about a perris/eloy trip but unfortunatley gas prices suck and i want to bring my puppers, i am located in the NYC area....any info would be greatly appreciated

blue skies!!!

"the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear"

Nooo...Florida is miserable during the month of August! Besides the horrible humidity, we have afternoon thunderstorms which slow down the jumping day and there's always the threat of hurricanes. It's also a very slow time at the dropzones. I'd recommend some place further north or out west.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Personally, I'd go with Skydive Chicago. It can't be too bad up there in August. Well... better than Florida and Eloy for sure.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i can see from your profile that you've already visted Z Hills, and you jump @ the Ranch... great...

save on traveling costs, and stay away from real heat and humidity and cruise around the Mid Atlantic and new England areas...

Cross keys, Long Island, Sky's the Limit,,,
and then to the north, C P I ,
Jumptown, Pepperell, Lebanon Maine,,,
(Tunnel in New Hampshire )
Fingerlakes Skydivers, Upstate NY,
are all a reasonable drive. from NYC and from each other... the northeast is great in summer...
and lots of other things to do and see in the areas near dz's.....
If the traveling isn't an issue,, the midwest is a fine choice as well...

.....break out your parachutist group member directory and a road atlas,,,, and plan away...!!!

jt

ps. thanx for educating the generation of the future..... enjoy your well -earned time off.....

Yeah, I haven't been there but I hear it's like a resort for skydivers.

Yes it is. Ya know if you would come visit, you could see for yourself how awesome it is. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Yeah, I haven't been there but I hear it's like a resort for skydivers.

Yes it is. Ya know if you would come visit, you could see for yourself how awesome it is. :)

I need to see the new place. Well, it's not exactly new now... :D I was up there at the old location in 1997.

Oh and Banesanura, want me to tell him what he's in for, or should I shut up? :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Billy -
I don't know why you are so tickled by the thought of me and my favorite pastimes.:)

He's in for a good time. I am excellent company. Chicago is awesome city and SDC adds to it.

I say jump there visit the city and what it has to offer and visit a lovely young woman named Daisy.

It will be most fun.:D

Best Girl Scout Ever.

I need to see the new place. Well, it's not exactly new now... [Laugh] I was up there at the old location in 1997.

Dat was before my time. I've been at SDC since the summer 2000.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

so i am going to try and respond to all of your posts in this reply, but first and foremost thank you to all that responded and those that hopefully will in the future:

john rich i am going to have to go with skymama on this one, way to hot --- fl is more my winter getaway, my theory you can always put more on but you cant take enough off --->go cold!!!!

billy and banesanura i have been wanting to check out Skydive chicago as i have heard nothing but good things about it, and i actually bought my jumpsuit from a guy that jumps there
banes ---> becareful what you offer i might just hold you to it ;) do you like degs? (hopefully you have seen the movie snatch -- if not watch it) and billy please warn me ---> if necessary

and jimmy, as far as the DZ's you list, i have been to most but some i def have not been, my fav is skydive new england ---- i mean what a great DZ and the tunnel is right there, i have not yet exp pepperell, so....

but once again thank you for all your thoughts and please keep them coming, because i dont know what you know, and you dont know what i know so lets teach each other and the whole world can be 'smart'

blue skies!!!!

'the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear'

Trust me- I am ready- and I always keep my word.

When I first went to SDC- it was insane- the good insane. They have a bar/lounge and all these other goodies- volins play and doves fly out when you first open the doors.

ahahha

You really should check it out. I rather close to the dz. (about an hour and change) Let me know what you decide and I can give you the grand tour.....

I am harmless- so don't listen to what the other men say.:)

Best Girl Scout Ever.

Personally, I'd go with Skydive Chicago. It can't be too bad up there in August. Well... better than Florida and Eloy for sure.

Good call! SDC is always a great place to visit during th summer, and CSC is also just down the road (also a fun fun dropzone...no reason not to check out BOTH!) Of course, if you come to sdc, there's always the chance of taking a ride with me and Sunny in the c-mobile!

Chicago is also a really great place to visit during the summer....lots of fests, and all the touristy stuff is in full force then. Quite a few of us live & work in the city, so there are always skydivers up for lunch/drinks if you're in town!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

i can see from your profile that you've already visted Z Hills, and you jump @ the Ranch... great...

save on traveling costs, and stay away from real heat and humidity and cruise around the Mid Atlantic and new England areas...

Cross keys, Long Island, Sky's the Limit,,,
and then to the north, C P I ,
Jumptown, Pepperell, Lebanon Maine,,,
(Tunnel in New Hampshire )
Fingerlakes Skydivers, Upstate NY,
are all a reasonable drive. from NYC and from each other... the northeast is great in summer...
and lots of other things to do and see in the areas near dz's.....
If the traveling isn't an issue,, the midwest is a fine choice as well...

.....break out your parachutist group member directory and a road atlas,,,, and plan away...!!!

jt

ps. thanx for educating the generation of the future..... enjoy your well -earned time off.....

Yep hit all of those and go a bit further west and hit WI.

Yep hit all of those and go a bit further west and hit WI.

I was just going to chime in with if you go to Chicago, you could always drive a little further and hit Skydive Wissota (only open Wed & Fri evenings and all day on Sat. and Sun though). There is a Swiss guy running around the Ranch now packing that came and trained with us last fall (Stephan is his name). He'll give you an honest critic of Wissota. Crash for free at the clubhouse!

I should put in a disclaimer that if you are a free flyer, I would not recommend Wissota. We are mostly belly flying dz and you'll have a hard time trying to find someone to jump with. But if you're all about the belly, their will be no shortage of people to jump with.

stefan is good peoples i will def ask him about your DZ, i am a freeflyer though, although i have been working on my belly lately because i am approaching my c license and would like to go through Randy's coaching certification, so i have to work on my belly again, i only have my A liciense belly jumps and then some 4,8, 12 ways and some odd numbers in between on my belly, oh yea and about an hour and a half in the tunnel, but neway i will def look into it, thanks for your input

blue skies!!!