Superfletch

Freefall Express Skydiving Hillbilly Boogie!

Once again it's about that time...

Freefall Express will be hosting the 9th Annual Hillbilly Boogie on Fathers' Day Weekend. You know what that means...

MULLINS KING AIR!!!

7 min to 14K! WOO HOO!

Jumping will begin on Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 1PM and will continue until
we can't fill the plane anymore on Sunday, June 15!

Several things are being planned but with recent events nothing is set in stone yet so just stay tuned and we'll all find out together.

As usual there will be Sonny cakes for breakfast and there's a rumor that in Jennifer's honor we'll be serving SPAM. Evidently she loved pancakes and SPAM for breakfast... who would have guessed.
PBJ's all day, all the time... make them yourself, whenever you want!

At some point there will be the premier of the Freefall Express Year End Video produced by Brad Henson featuring video shot by yours truly and a multitude of other "Bad Ass" camera flyers from around the area. It's going to be awesome! ...as usual... So plan on that and don't forget to pick up a copy for your home viewing pleasure as well. I'll update the post to reflect when that will be premiered as soon as I find out. I've talked to Brad and it's done! But, he wouldn't let me see it! That Rat Bastard!

If you were wanting to do something for Marnie and Jennifer's memorial funds that have been set up, and you weren't sure what to do... come out and jump. I've been told that $1 from every jump ticket sold will be set aside and split evenly for the girls' funds. The more you jump, the more you'll be helping out. I know Tori will need it when she gets older.

Marnie and Jennifer LOVED the Hillbilly Boogie and couldn't wait each year to be a part of it. Come on out and let's celebrate with them one last time.

Anyhow, follow this thread and as I hear of new happening I will post them and make the rest of you aware of them as well.

The powers that be have informed me that tandems will be scheduled very lightly on Saturday because in past years there was a wait for fun jumpers to get on loads and this years Hillbilly Boogie is going to be about the fun jumpers in the girls' honor. So plan on coming out and jumping your butt off! It's sure to be a great time!

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

HILLBILLY J-A-M 2008 BOOGIE

This years Hillbilly Boogie will be in Honor of our 2 favorite sky sisters Jennifer and Marnie (J-A-M) that we tragically lost in a plane crash on April 19 of this year.
Both girls were looking forward to being a part of this years Hillbilly Boogie and will be with us in spirit.
Both girls have memorial funds set up in there memory. Marnie's a fund for her daughter Tory who will have many financial needs in the future including a mission trip to Brazil this August with her church.
Jennifer's is an educational fund through the Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. many have asked what they can do to help, simple JUMP at the boogie!!! $1.00 from every lift ticket from Mullins King Air will be split evenly between both girls fund's, the more you jump the more money they receive.
Mike Mullins Super King Air will arrive at 1PM Thursday June 12, 2008 and fly until everyone is done on Sunday June 15,2008.

Registration: $15 per person this covers ferry fees, rooms for the Mullin's, food Friday PM, Saturday AM, Saturday PM, and Sunday AM. If you jump or eat or a combination of both you must register. You should bring your choice of beverage.

Menu's; for breakfast both days Jennifer's choice, SPAM and PANCAKES!! That's right she said you got to try the SPAM!!
Friday evening; Taco night, all the taco's you want. There will be a Taco eating contest so bring your appetite or video camera this will be something to see.
Saturday evening BBQ beef sandwich's, potato salad and corn on the cob.

Lift tickets; Should be $24 as you know Fuel prices are hurting all of us, Please bring cash as the expense of running credit cards is terrible and also will drive up the cost of lift tickets. Debit cards on the other hand are fine.

Saturday evening Brad "Treetop" Henson will be presenting his 2007 year end video as always your face should be in this. This will not start until 10PM as Marnie's daughter Tory is having her big dance recital in Springfield around 7PM and many are going to watch and come back for the video. All are encouraged to car pool and attend the dance recital as Tory's love is dancing!

We have kept Tandems to a minimum as last year on Saturday some of the experienced jumpers were having to wait on loads, not this year this will be a fun jumper boogie.
Balloon and helicopter jumps, I am trying and will let you know as soon as I here back.

Bryan & Lyn Wolford
Freefall Express Skydiving Inc.
Mt. Vernon Missouri Airport
800 598 JUMP Toll Free
417 882 JUMP Local
www.freefallexpress.com

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

This weekend was great! I attended the boogie on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. I got four AFF jumps in on Saturday (Thursday was too windy) and did my graduation jump on Sunday morning!! The quick turnaround on Mr. Mullins' plane made for an excellent experience for all involved and the staff at Freefall Express was, as usual, helpful and friendly. I even got a coach jump and a solo jump in before the end of the day on Sunday.

Thanks to everyone at FFE for making this the best weekend ever! :)

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Freefall Express

Fletch, I came by and looked for you on Saturday night, asked a couple folks where you were and they said you were editing videos upstairs. I never did get to see you or give you a big hug :(. We partied until 4 am, (you might have heard us--The super loud music near the fence). Anyhow, I was a little sad and disappointed that I didn't get to say Hi and hang out a bit but Dakota and I were only there for the night and the following morning.

I hope you had a great weekend, I had a blast seeing everyone. I guess your big hug will just have to wait for next time.

TTYL ;)

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."