skydiveul

Irish Skydiver 1st trip to Orlando FL

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie and will be flying into Orlando the end of next week for 5-6 days, leaving on tue 27th.
Naturally I'm bringing my rig, but am travelling alone as it's not a skydiving holiday. As the weather here in Ireland is pretty crap, I want to jump my ass off so am looking for advice.

What dropzone/dropzone should I hit, I'm flexible as to where I stay once I'm near Orlando for a day or two.

Should I go to one dropzone for 3-4 days and get a lot of jumps, or cram in 2 or 3.

I'm lookin at Deland, Z Hills and Sebastian as the nearest to my base.

Finally, what do I need to have when turning up at a new DZ, I've got 80 odd jumps, an Irish A Licence, 3rd party ins etc.

And finally again, is there anyway i could apply for and get a USPA licence while I'm there??

Thanks guys

Damo

well damo ur defo due some luck with the weather after your last few trips away

i should be settled in new england by that stage so if u get a sudden injection of disposable income extend the holiday and come visit

see ya round campus

If you're staying in Orlando, a day trip to each of those dropzones is quite doable. It might be best to check the weater report to help you decide each day. Sometimes, one area will be weathered out while the others jump all day. The 26th is a holiday in the states, so hopefully that will give you more people to jump with than a usual Monday.

As for what to do, just check in at manifest for your debrief and tell them you are looking for someone to jump with. I'm not sure about your licensing question, maybe someone else will be able to chime in with that.

Have fun!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon