goofyjumper

Skinnyshrek's Ashdive... attempt # 3 this June

Thinking of you all this weekend ... I am definitely there in spirit and will be thinking of everyone from the skies across the country and crossing my fingers for enough good weather to get this jump off so you guys can then party down Shrek-style. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'll be there somewhere around 10 to noonish. Organizing, terrorizing complete strangers, and skippin' off the pond. Hey someones gotta do it. Rare form will be witnessed and no mercy will be shown to the haters. TEAM ONE BITCHES!!!!!

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Cool. I am feeling a good vibe. The weather has been changed to a 30% chance of afternoon precip.

I see that as a 70% chance of glorious sunshine!

Keep your glass more than half full!:)
Keep the good stuff coming!B|

It has been a beautiful day. Never doubt the Greg. Wish I could be there.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I wish I had checked dz.com to see that this was happening yesterday! I flew in to Atlanta yesterday morning to visit my family for the week.

Brandy - I'm so glad the weather finally held and the jumps were able to happen.

Best,
jason.
Killing threads since 2004.

I am so sorry that I was unable to attend. I felt more than obligated to be there. Lee and I had a little spat 2 days before Beezy's ashdive. He called me and told me that he was very sorry that he would not be able to attend Beezy's ashdive. I told him that I understood, and I didn't expect the world to stop based on my time schedule. I said I hated it because I had planned for him to video. He said he hated it too, but didn't expect the basta'd to go and die on him. As we talked he rattled on about this and that and a football game and Texas...

Then it clicked, and I said Lee "Don't you dare tell me you are missing Beezy's asdive to go to a G.D. football game." He said, "But, Tracie this is an important game!"

I said, "Lee, I'm not going to say another word about it. Let your heart be your guide. You decide what the right thing to do is, and if you're not at the dropzone, I will understand."

He said, "Tracie, someone's beeping my other line. I'll call you tomorrow." Yeah Right, I thought.

The next day he called me and said, "Alright you little cu__! I canceled my plane ticket and sold my football tickets... I hope your happy! I'll see you tomorrow!"

He's cursing me in heaven now for not being there after what he did for me and Beezy. Our daughter turned 6 on Friday. Her birthday party was scheduled for 11am - 1pm on Saturday, and I had planned to leave straight away to The Farm. Unfortunately, Beezy's father passed away and we have been deep in visitations and funeral activities this entire weekend here. I think I have a better excuse than his football game, and maybe Lee might even understand.

Mum and Pop Gerrard... My thoughts and prayers are with you. No parent should ever bury their child. I think that was what got Beezy's father in the end.

Brandy... Darling, call me anytime. I have not bothered you, because I know talking to me probably makes everything too real! That's how I felt (and still feel in some sense) about talking to Chris Martin's wife, Christy. I'm here when you're ready!

I hope you guys made a beautiful show yesterday, and I can't wait to see it! Yesterday it began to rain very suddenly. It was a fierce thunder shower that came from nowhere. I was on the front porch and saw a beautiful hawk sitting on top of Elsie's fort. I thought about how majestic it was and called Elsie out to see it. I kept thinking it would fly off any second, but it didn't. I guess it was trapped by the storm, and it sat there for over an hour. After the storm ended, Elsie and I walked out in the yard and looked at the horizon to see the most beautiful rainbow. She said that was the first rainbow she had ever seen. It wasn't until then that the hawk finally flew away.

-Tracie Shaw
-Tracie Shaw
www.HiPerUSA.com

I just saw the video. Wow! What an awesome tribute! Both of those songs have such tremendous meaning to our family. "What A Beautiful Day" was the song that Beezy's tandem with Elsie on her 4th birthday was edited to. (Disclaimer: If you don't have at least 8,000 jumps and have been skydiving for at least 35 years and have been doing tandems since the concept was first invented do not attempt a skydive with an underage child!!!) And of course, "Spirit In The Sky"... I was traveling in the car to Emory Hospital during the second of Beezy's hospitilizations there and heard that song on the radio for the first time. When I got there, I told him about it and how it moved me. He said, "You are such a child. Of course I know that song." He was sent home the next day, and he immediately burned a copy for my car on CD and put it on our iPod. I tried a few times to coax him into coming to church with Elsie and me. We've been going to church since she was born, but of course Beezy was gone every weekend. He was a very spiritual man, but not into the "sit in the pew" thing, and he wasn't physically able to go with Elsie and I, so every Sunday afternoon whether he was at home or in the hospital, I would play that song, "Spirit In The Sky", and Elsie and I would dance for him while singing it. Then, we would turn off the stereo and say, "There, you just went to church!"
-Tracie Shaw
www.HiPerUSA.com

This was a great weekend at The Farm and I think Lee is proud of the send off. Having his Mum, Dad, Sister and other family members along with all of his friends was awesome. Thanks to Hans, Greg and everyone at The Farm for a great weekend. (I wouldn't expect anything else!):)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

It was a nice day Saturday, and yes, Shrek just had to piss on us for the third time in as many tries! :D I just had to say, "Shrek, stop pissing on us, you fat bastard!" Well what do ya know, it stopped raining after a couple of minutes! :D

Just wish I could have been on one of the ash dives, but I just won't take the chance with the damn disc problem, and you just know shrek would call me a deaf pussy or something. :o:D

Even the poker game had some drama and people who don't know how to play the game properly! Blinds at 100/200, and I get ace queen suited, and raise to 2000. Chad over there called. The flop comes out Ace, Queen and 6, I think. I push all in with my remaining 900 chips, and Chad calls. We flip our cards over, me with top two pair and Chad with 4 5 suited. So what do you know? He hits a runner runner for a straight, that skinny bastard! :D:D:D

Lots of beer got downed. No I didn't piss on Shrek's tree. His mum didn't want me to kill it! :D And yes, I finally broke my Absinthe virginity. Holy shit is that crap strong or what? Just a little capful and my mouth was on fire! :D:D:D

See y'all when I get my back fixed up. We'll do some dives again! :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Lee, it was great to leave the plane with ya one last time. Enjoy your eternal jump. :)
RastRicanAir wrote a very touching song. Someone definitely needs to post the video of it or he needs to rerecord it.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Lee, it was great to leave the plane with ya one last time. Enjoy your eternal jump. :)
RastRicanAir wrote a very touching song. Someone definitely needs to post the video of it or he needs to rerecord it.

Thanks, Captain America. (Hint: 1969 movie. Look it up.) And thanks for YET ANOTHER unsolicited skyhook demonstration (DUMBASS!!). If I was going to be ground bound, I couldn't think of a better group of family to be stuck with. Two days watching other people jump, and not a second of boredom to speak of. In Athens now and off to my second family reunion of the week with my babies. Someone let me know if you've got the whole song on video. I just want Mum and Dad to be able to hear it.

R.I.P and Namas Te Yeh Fat FOHCKER!
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

And thanks for YET ANOTHER unsolicited skyhook demonstration (DUMBASS!!).

That was no Skyhook or RSL, that was all me... Yep, 3 line twists on the reserve, too. :S

State #4. [:/]

I think Big Eric may have gotten it. Hopefully he got the version without that loud drunk guy trying to help by attempting to harmonize... :$
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.