skydiven4fun

Maryland ???

Hello everyone. I have to go to maryland for a few months to do a job. I have never been there before and do not know the area. I will be staying in lexington park, which I believe is on the southern end of the state. Can anyone tell me where I will need to go to skydive that is within a reasonable drive. Both the drop zones I found there are strictly tandem spots, any info would be a great help.

Thanks
Still here after all these years

Clayton

Use the Drop Zone locator feature on this website. There's bound to be a few within driving distance for your comfort.

I dunno if this DZ is one of those tandem mills you mentioned but have you read the thread? http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3072491;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey everyone, Thanks for the feedback. It looks like skydive the point may be the first place to visit, It is within a couple of hours, depending on the traffic. I am hoping to make the rounds to a few though, It is cool to meet new people and visit new places, I am sure that I am not the only one that knows that that is one of the best things about this sport is the people.
again Thanks everyone
Still here after all these years

Clayton

If you're on the eastern shore of Maryland, below Dover, your best bet is Delmarva. If you're on the estern shore your best bet would be in Virginia.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Don't forget SKYDIVE BALTIMORE. They are opening up next week! A Cessna 206 is arriving on Monday the 14th. They will be doing mostly tandems in the very very beginning. But they WILL be open to fun jumpers as well.

www.skydivebaltimore.com

It may not be up and running at the moment, but any day now -- keep checking the website.

Located right off 95, about 20-30 minutes north of Baltimore.

Add them to your list!!

:P

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

You've got a lot of great choices, but it looks like they're all 2-3 hours away. My home dropzone, Skydive Delmarva is a fun, friendly place with camping, a bunkhouse, and a bonfire every Saturday. Most people stay the whole weekend. It won't be hard to get in on a low key RW or freefly jump as most of the fun jumpers are pretty welcoming to new faces.

Skydive the Point is my home away from home. I really like it there too. You can get into some bigger more technical RW jumps there and get to jump with the Queen of RW, Carol Clay. They also have some good times on Saturday nights.

I'm excited to check out Skydive Baltimore when it gets up and running. I used to love going to Orange too, but you do need an AAD to jump there now. Chambersburg is another fun dropzone, but I haven't been there in a while either.

Sounds like you've got a lot of driving to do if you want to see them all. Hopefully we'll run into at Skydive Delmarva one of these weekends.

You've got a lot of great choices, but it looks like they're all 2-3 hours away. My home dropzone, Skydive Delmarva is a fun, friendly place with camping, a bunkhouse, and a bonfire every Saturday. Most people stay the whole weekend. It won't be hard to get in on a low key RW or freefly jump as most of the fun jumpers are pretty welcoming to new faces.

Skydive the Point is my home away from home. I really like it there too. You can get into some bigger more technical RW jumps there and get to jump with the Queen of RW, Carol Clay. They also have some good times on Saturday nights.

I'm excited to check out Skydive Baltimore when it gets up and running. I used to love going to Orange too, but you do need an AAD to jump there now. Chambersburg is another fun dropzone, but I haven't been there in a while either.

Sounds like you've got a lot of driving to do if you want to see them all. Hopefully we'll run into at Skydive Delmarva one of these weekends.

Seconded.

Delmarva and the Point are your best 2 bets.