McDuck

2nd Annual Raeford MAD Boogie and Film Festival

Can you put a number on "a little hefty?"

The published weight limit for tandem students at Raeford is 230 lbs. We will take heavier students if 1) they are reasonably physically fit for their size, 2) there is a Tandem Instructor available that is willing to take a heavier student without compromising his personal limits or skill set, 3) the maximum rigged weight of our Sigma tandem systems would not be exceeded (500 lbs), and 4) the weather conditions are favorable for such a jump.

I highly recommend you call the school to discuss it directly with the management and to help ensure that staff will be available to handle your friend's tandem.
Arrive Safely

John

Looks like things are shaping up. I received my first submission for the film festival,
Not only are we not sucking at Raeford right now, but we will most certainly not even remotely be sucking June 27th-28th.

Let's tick it off, shall we?

1- No registration fee for the boogie

2- $20 jump tickets at a time when normal prices are $24-$26 at most places

3- At least two planes: PAC-750 and an Otter

4- Discounted tandems

5- World-Class Load Organizers (Wil Pesek, Mick, Kirk Verner, possibly Andy Honigbaum)

7- Film Festival with lots of prizes to give out, including 1-hr of ParacleteXP tunnel time for 1st place

8- Fun, friendly people and atmosphere...which can be said of nearly all DZs.

I'm sure I can come up with more reasons to be here for this event. B|

We're looking forward to seeing everyone here that weekend!

Edited to add: Oh, and I'm sure if you ask Kirk and Andy nicely in advance, you could probably talk them into doing some big-ways that weekend. ;)

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Looks like I won't be able to make it - must make the big move in a few weeks. Will be through Raeford o/a the 20th though!B|

If at least a few of you don't come down here to Chester for Skyfest/Reunion Boogie I'm gonna be really sad!:(

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Oh no! I was really looking forward to seeing you at the film festival! You know, like how you surprised us last year? That was the best! Well, at least we'll get to see you around the 20th.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

***QUICK UPDATE***

We've had a change in the free-fly load organizer line up, as Wil Pesek has a project out of state that will keep him until past the weekend of the boogie. In his place, Selwyn Facey will be the main free-fly LO, with Mick as his cohort.

Remember, we've got no registration fee, $20 jumps and at least two planes, the PAC and the Otter, with another Otter on standby if we need it.

can't wait -- we'll be orginising all abilities and all skill levels welcome, pylons, vfs, tracking , hybrids, flocking, camp fires , and even free coach jumps for less experienced flyers.

i will be there all weekend - mick is good for fri and sat, and i think we will have the mighty punisher on sunday

pond swoops end of the day sunday cheeky freestyle comp.

just trying to get a case of smoke now shouldn't be to hard !! then we can get a little naughty with swoops, flocks carve and track dives

see y'all there

Okay so, who would be interested in doing helicopter jumps at the Raeford boogie? If I can get enough people pre-registered, I might be able to make that happen.

Sound off if that is of interest to you. :)

Not an Alouette, that's for certain. It's the same helicopter that was at Chester for Skyfest. He won't show up unless I get enough people to pre-register for helicopter jumps.

Great! We look forward to seeing you, Eric! It sounds like we're getting a fair contingent from both CSS and Chester this year. I can't wait!

Oh, and based on the lack of interest in pre-registration, the R-44 helicopter is a no-go. He wanted 32 people to register in advance to commit to coming, plus we'd have to absorb the ferry fees, and those aren't cheap for a boogie that doesn't currently have a budget.

However, we're still offering $20 jumps all weekend and no registration fee.

Just a reminder for all those that plan on coming - please make sure your rig is in date before you get here - that means packed on or after 2 Mar 08.

I'm sure you do not want to incur the wrath of rigger rob or myself if you show up with an out of date rig and want it packed right away. And it would suck to have to sit on the ground and watch us having fun. :)
Jump

Scars remind us that the past is real

Well McDuck you can count on me to be there on Friday all the way through. Hopefully, there will be some beginner freeflyers there as well that will jump with me or maybe I will have to push my abilities even farther again

Don't worry, my friend. There will be freeflyers of many skill levels there to jump with you. In fact, Trevor Hill and Punisher will be on hand to load organize and work with freeflyers, regardless of skill level.

And Steve's right, anyone planning on attending to jump will not want to incur the wrath of either him or Rob by showing up with an out of date rig. I'm hearing that the "rush" fees will be exorbitant.

hey is anyone shows up on Friday with a rig out of date is a complete moron and needs to be shot on site. After they are shot we can auction off their equipment to the highest bidder.

So remember ppl if you do not want to incur the wrath of the Skygods then have your rig up to date
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

I don't know about sky gods and being shot in sight, but I will say that there is a strong likelihood that anyone showing up with an out of date reserve is going to have some fun being a spectator for a while...or packing for cash to pay for the rush job. :P

So is there enough room at this boogie for my big Mouth?

Always - just don't count on jumping with sheck this time around. he's in Oklahoma pretending to be a soldier again - this time pretending to drive trucks!!!

:D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

So is there enough room at this boogie for my big Mouth?

Are you kidding me?? Of COURSE there's room! The last time I saw you was at Dublin '06, so it will be good to see your smiling face again. B|

It looks like we'll have a good group out early on Friday, so if anyone was wondering when to show up, you now have your answer. :)

Dude!!!!

That is just wrong!!!!!

I was in Oklahoma from April 24th until June 19th. I fly back to Ok the 27th of June until the 28th of July, then back to Ok again from Aug 11 to Sep 15th.

[:/]

I miss all you bitches!!!

Stay safe!!!!

BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

That's okay. We're holding your daughter hostage in the gear store all weekend as retaliation for you not being here. :P

You know, we're starting to get the impression that you really don't like us. I mean, I know John (Slotperfect) mentioned you have lots of responsibility with the gay community and such, but you could at least make time to visit the people that kept your secret for so long. :P:D

You just chimed in cause I'm coming. That's fine though I'll get over it. :P

Hey who"s packing up there now. You all know that is still against my religion. My last pack just resulted in a high speed mal...no thanks.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.