McDuck

2nd Annual Raeford MAD Boogie and Film Festival

It's that time again! The 2nd Annual Raeford Military Appreciation Day Boogie and Film festival will be held on the 27th through the 29th of June, and we're working to make things at least as interesting as last year.

Jump tickets for all up-jumpers will be no more than $20, guaranteed, and maybe a bit less if gas prices will cooperate. We'll be offering tandems for $155.

For aircraft, we'll at least have an Otter and a PAC-750. If the need arises, we'll have another aircraft on call to ensure we can keep everyone happy and jumping.

As of this moment, Will Pesek of ParacleteXP Hybrid will be freefly load organizing, and Kirk Verner will be RW load organizing. I'll have more names to add to both categories soon, as well as a WS LO.

We'll have industry vendors on site, as well as prizes and food.

We are also happy to announce the return of the Film Festival, which was a huge success last year. We will be accepting 6-10 minute short films, preferably ones with some sort of spoof or story that includes an element of skydiving, and there will be prizes for at least the top three films, as well as the fan favorite film. If you were there last year, you'll know we gave away prizes for the top SIX films, and we hope to be able to do the same thing this year. The deadline for film submissions is June 15th. Please send all submissions to Raeford Parachute Center, c/o Film Festival, 143 Airport Drive, Raeford, NC 28376, along with a $20 entry fee.

We look forward to seeing as many people as possible, so plan on being here for this event. You really don't want to miss this one! I promise it will be an event to remember!
:)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

***BUMP***

I just received word that Jumpshack is sending a prize package for this event, with more vendors and prizes to be announced!

I'm telling you, we won't be sucking at Raeford on the 27th through the 29th of June...or any other time, but especially at that time. :PB|

"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

I can't *WAIT* to see what excuse Arvel comes up with this time to miss the film festival.

Maybe the clap in Ghana will keep him away?

I'm guessing that this time, a Catholic priest with the voodoo doll from when Arvel was 8yrs old will be gluing gum drops on the doll's chest, prompting Arvel to need an emergency breast reduction during the time of the film festival. :D

At this moment, it looks like Mirage and Aerodyne will most likely be in attendance at this event, with more to come as we hear back from vendors.

I am in town for a change . . . count me in. I will be glad to help out with the tandems, and I will jump in on some of Will's loads to astonish those of you who have never seen me jump out of an airplane without someone or something strapped to the front of me. :)
I am not sure if you use any voiceover stuff for the final product video, but I will offer up my services for that as well.

Arrive Safely

John

I can't *WAIT* to see what excuse Arvel comes up with this time to miss the film festival.

I believe he has a conflict:

http://gaylife.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=gaylife&cdn=people&tm=181&gps=85_5348_1276_660&f=00&tt=2&bt=1&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.sfpride.org/

:D:D:D

You know, I actually laughed out loud in my office reading that. :D

I'm glad you'll be around for this one, John. If you're planning on getting in on Will's freefly dives, I may have to hand over organizer duties to someone else for a few jumps just to get in a FF jump with you...if for no other reason than to jump with someone who has a similar fall rate. :P

Thanks for the offer of your vocal stylings. I may take you up on that for the film festival presentation, although that is more of a live gig. B|

I'll ask around and see what I find out.

With aviation fuel prices rising, causing jump ticket prices to go up, this boogie, with $20 jump tickets guaranteed, is going to be a really good deal. We don't have a registration fee, so all you have to do is show up, register for free and jump your hiney off.

I've just confirmed with ParacleteXP's Tim D'Annunzio that the first place prize for the film festival is 1hr in the super-sized XP tunnel! And remember, the more inventive and unique your video is, the more likely it is it will make it past the first cuts. Something with a story, a spoof of a movie/commercial/TV show or an original creation that isn't of the "here's my favorite music attached to my favorite skydiving clips" variety will garner the most attention. June 15th is the deadline for submissions.

Hope to see you all there!

Hey guys I am heading up to raeford this week. In fact I am leaving tomorrow!!!!

Please give me some help on places to stay and things for my wife to do, while I am in the air. We would like some where different to stay. Like a cabin or bed and breakfast.

Thanks Francis Farmer.

Hope to see some of yall there.

If you wanted to talk about our boogie and film festival, this is the thread to do that. If not, then you might want to start your own thread to talk about Raeford and your plans regarding your visit.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it's hard enough to keep people focused in these forums without hijacking legitimate threads.

On another note, if you'll be around June 27-29, we're having one heck of a boogie and film festival that weekend. There will be plenty to keep you occupied, I promise. B|

This is TOO perfect! All of us Jarheads (Louis, Dan, & Neil) will be back from Iraq & post deployment leave just in time for this one. The timing couldnt be better! Count all of us in from start to finish baby! See you in about a month.

Lou
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Sweet! Can't wait to see you guys there!

We'll have at least an Otter and our PAC. If we need it, we'll have another Otter available to meet jumper demands. No specialty aircraft yet, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying.

I think it's safe to say that we gave away a heck of a lot of stuff last year, including swag and other stuff during the film festival to people sitting in the crowd. In fact, one lucky jumper got a free rig just for being the one military jumper with rattiest rig at the event.

There will be a big party, much like last year, after the film festival on the 28th.

So, come for the free stuff and the cheap jumps, and stay for the fun and people. B|

SWEET! Thanks for sharing those pics from last year, Rachel! We really had a blast and gave away so much stuff. This year should be at least as much fun. I'm working on trying to provide a surprise aircraft, but I can't promise anything yet.

Oh, and since I've yet to receive any entries in the film festival, I guess nobody's interested in the top prize of 1hr of free ParacleteXP tunnel time? B|

Oh, and since I've yet to receive any entries in the film festival, I guess nobody's interested in the top prize of 1hr of free ParacleteXP tunnel time? B|

If that's the case, can I enter raw footage someone else shot? It is of me. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

If you get the rights and a signed release stating that if you win, that you won't have any conflicts over the prize, then yes.

Wait, that footage wouldn't be of you in a suit and tie, would it? I'm guessing you're not getting the rights to that footage. :P

I wanted to reiterate that we'll have Kirk Verner organizing RW and big way loads, and Will Pesek organizing freefly loads at the boogie.

There's no registration fee for the boogie itself, plus the jumps are $20 all weekend. With prices for aviation fuel rising with other forms of gas, that price will be hard to beat. We're even discussing the possibility that we'll offer blocks of 10 tickets at $20 each to use after the boogie is over if you're registered and jump at the boogie. I'll keep everyone updated on that as it develops.

We've been receiving all sorts of goodies from vendors to use as prizes, swag and raffle items for the boogie, and we're still working on more.

I'm also trying to work on a surprise for at least one day of the boogie, but I can't reveal that until I know more.

This is going to be a BLAST! Don't miss out! B|

Dude,
I don't think there is a chance in hell that the 10 tickets for 20 dollars for after the boogie will fly. Thats just my opinion though and I have been hearing that there is going to be a 10 dollar registration fee for the boogie to help offset the cost of the volunteers/ voluntolds. I mean come on who wouldn't pay 10 dollars for a boogie to get 20 dollar jumps. And i mean how else will we pay for the 40's of maddog for the swoop and chug and all the other props and other stuff.
Just my two cents,
Ryan
Skydiving is borring!!

Tony and I are in agreement: no registration fee. We take care of our own as we can. I'll cover the costs for the swoop-n-chug and the props, if it comes to that.

And the tickets idea came from Tony. He was going to ask Gene Paul about it to see if it would fly. I have yet to hear back on that one.

Here it is. Elliot did a great job on it, with the sole exception of the fact that I wouldn't have put my ugly mug on it. :D

Oh, and I've lowered the film festival entry fee to $15. That's $5 more than last year, but we're trying to find ways to ensure we have a budget for next year's event.

Kevin, can you let me know what the weight limit for tandems is? I've put on a few pounds and not sure if my rig still fits (joke). I've also got a few folks that want to come out for this thing and I'm being told that one guy may be a little hefty.

Louis
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.