Para5-0

Breast Cancer Fund Raiser (Skydive L.I.)

On June 13th at Skydive Long Island, we will be conducting a fund raiser for Breast Cancer Research. I will be making 40 jumps in one day for the event followed by a crab fest and party for everyone. Should be a great time and we could always use some help. Sponsorship forms will be available shortly and hopefully sent out to other DZ's. We have a strong goal and could use the assistance for a great cause. If anyone has some ideas to get forms out or to make this successful please add your thoughts.

Thanks,
Dicky

Have you contacted the local Hooters? :ph34r:

Actually, that's not entirely facetious. Hooters is usually very willing to support breast cancer fundraising efforts and can probably help you with publicity as well. Of course, contacting all the local newspapers and radio/TV stations would be a good start in terms of getting this the kind of attention it deserves.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Some updates: The jumps will be taking place all day. Hopefully Hooters, Make a wish, WBAB, will all be there. WABC77 will be broadcasting all day long. News 12 is a possibility as well.
At night all you can eat Crabs, with DJ, and as much alcohol as we can afford....feel free to donate.

Good job Rich, a ton of people are jumping in here, WABC
radio is going to help, channel 12 news.... and here it goes............ Richy Said that he would take Joel Santistban from WABC on a tandem jump. This should be super fun event with a monumental cause.

It should be good. Jonny Crab is bring a ton of crabs for thyat night. We are getting a DZ for the night time and the Casa boogie is the follow weekend. Looks like I wont be working to much in June:D

Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

I am not the type to beg, but please help us distribute these sponsorship forms at your DZ's, we have committed and Make A Wish is a unbeleivable organization. At last check we have not received one sponsor from another DZ. This event is specifically going to a local girl 15 years old with a terrible disease. We will be sending her to Disney World, with your help.
I know skydivers spend every penny they have jumping but just one jump for her could help out.
We will take anything, and if your home DZ is listed we will get it some recognition during the event.

Thanks,

Well we are getting closer to this event. We only have a 1000 dollars raised so far. Any help we can get form other people would appreciated. Thanks and in here some where are the forms.

This is from Para5-0

To All of My Skydiving Friends at Skydive Long Island,

I wanted to take a moment to say hello and kindly request that we all band together for a worthy cause.
On June 13th, I will be making 40 jumps in one day to benefit a little girl named Hannah. Hannah is 15, has been diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anemia, and had a wish to go to Disney World. As of today we are only 1/10 of the way to our $10,000.00 goal.
For the cost of one jump, we can absolutely make a difference in a local girl’s life. I have attached a sponsorship form which is very self explanatory. Any checks or donations can be sent to Skydive Long Island with the form.
Please take a few moments and bring this form to your workplace, local eateries, local business’s, gas stations, ETC….anywhere you think you can get a donation (Any amount will be accepted and appreciated)
We will have prizes for the most sponsorship money raised, as well as many other fun activities going on throughout the day. News 12, WABC(77), and other local media will be present and broadcasting all day to promote the event.
The day’s events will conclude with the ever popular Dicky’s Crab Fest to also benefit the cause. For $25.00 you get all you can eat Crabs cooked on premise.
Please, can you give us a hand? It feels good when we all band together, I know we are a small yet diverse group, but I know we can pull this off.

Thank You and as always Blue Skies,
Rich Winstock

Just a update. We have a little over 3000 Dollars raised and can still use your help. There is still time to help. Its a great cause. You can call Manifest at Skydive Long Island to make your Donation at 631-208-3900. Every little bit counts so please help.
Thanks
Jerry