NWFlyer

Lost Prairie Boogie July 26 - August 4 2008 (Skydive Lost Prairie, Montana)

bin going to l.p for a few years now.. I always hear about all this "mischief".. sounds like it could be fun..:ph34r: maybe this year ill get my curfew raised a few hours:S

So are you only counting the years since you've been 18?
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Hey, Betsy - there are sooooooo many people who go to Lost Prairie who never log on to DZ.com that I hope you wouldn't use DZ.com as your sole source of data. You know, all those people from the parts of Canada where they don't have the internet yet but they still let them skydive. ;)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey, Betsy - there are sooooooo many people who go to Lost Prairie who never log on to DZ.com that I hope you wouldn't use DZ.com as your sole source of data. You know, all those people from the parts of Canada where they don't have the internet yet but they still let them skydive.

Yep...but there are also lots of rumeors floating around since the landing area may change.
I am just trying to see what people are a thinking...and their friends too!;)

Hey, Betsy - there are sooooooo many people who go to Lost Prairie who never log on to DZ.com that I hope you wouldn't use DZ.com as your sole source of data. You know, all those people from the parts of Canada where they don't have the internet yet but they still let them skydive.

Yep...but there are also lots of rumeors floating around since the landing area may change.

AGAIN? Or is it the same one we had last year? It actually impacted things less than I thought it would, though it'd be nice to have the old landing area back.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Since B^2 didn't quote the post, I went back and found the one with the most names so far.

2ndgensteinke
BigSky
bolas(maybe)
Dr.Dive
ep11300
grannyinthesky
grimmie
Ladydyver
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Shell666
Skootz
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Hey everyone!
I am trying to look at how many aircraft we are going to need this year in LP.
If you really are going...please add your name to the list that has been started in this thread.
Appreciate it!:)B2

I think you should bring the DC3:)
The landing area last year was no big deal.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Hey everyone!
I am trying to look at how many aircraft we are going to need this year in LP.
If you really are going...please add your name to the list that has been started in this thread.
Appreciate it!:)B2

I think you should bring the DC3:)
The landing area last year was no big deal.

I second the request for the DC3 :)

i will put some feelers out and see how many from Westplains are going to come. I know some people are still questionable from our DZ but will check around and see if there are any "for sures" at this point.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

As usual, you're right Grimster. Someone must have lost their notes.

If that was for me...nope haven't lost my notes at all. With the price of fuel I just want to make sure that all the planes keep running.

How about I just send the Beech?:P:P
Bwahhhhhhhhhh

Betsy mentioned the price of fuel, which we all deal with every day, in one way or another. If it ever goes past $6 a gallon, we may all become Base jumpers. In which case the jails will be filled with a new set of folks.

I won't even mention hijacking a plane for freefall opportunities. Which probably occurred to Bryan before it occurred to me.(maybe)

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Bwahhhhhhhhhh

Sounds good.....The Beech, DC3, Otters, Skyvan. I like it!

Bwahhhhhhhhhh

Sounds good.....The Beech, DC3, Otters, Skyvan. I like it!

Checked with our Dz peeps...approx about 12 are coming but some expressed concern over the landing area and said they wouldn't come if there wasn't an improvement from last year (please don't kill the messenger). Regardless...doc and I will be there to jump, drink, jump, drink, jump, drink.....am I missing anything? Just give us an aircraft and we will jump if the winds are right;);););)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I think someone should just put my name on these lists each year as courtesy. Just like I'm gonna do for Mad John.

2ndgensteinke
BigSky
bolas(maybe)
Dr.Dive
ep11300
grannyinthesky
grimmie
jdobleman
Ladydyver
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Pattersd
Shannon and Jim
Shell666
Skootz
TallGuy

2ndgensteinke
BigSky
bolas(maybe)
Dr.Dive
ep11300
grannyinthesky
grimmie
jdobleman
Ladydyver
livendive
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Pattersd
Shannon and Jim
Shell666
Skootz
TheStepchild
TallGuy

Added Muttley and myself. And I don't get all the whining about the landing area. It's not like the normal landing area was a golf green, or even a fairway...the only real difference between the two is a one minute ride on a trailer. :S

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

the only real difference between the two is a one minute ride on a trailer.

I agree. After being really worried about it before the boogie, it was really a pleasant surprise last year. The waits were usually brief, there was shade and cold water in the waiting area, and I didn't think it impacted the overall experience much at all.

I'll be going regardless. Skydiving is just a fraction of the reason I attend this event. That said. The old landing area was huge. And when jumping with large numbers of unknown quantities it's nice to know you can land far away from the main gate and avoid a good portion of the folks who see landing patterns as more of a recomendation than a rule. That and it's nice to be able to set up base near where everyone is landing and watch the carna... errr... I mean their mad skills under canopy.

I'm sure our friends at LP are doing everything in their power to make things as safe and pleasant as they can for all of us.

In the end if people don't have a blast they need only find a reflective surface to see the person who is to blame.

Can't wait to see you all or at least most of you :P

You could always wait for your Cypres to fire and just land before everyone else. If doing 4-way, I suggest only two of you use this method each jump, so as to better manage the traffic in the pattern. :ph34r:

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)