skyhussy

Saudi Arabia?

Hi There

The International Skydiving Center in Riyadh is still under development !

there will be a large Championship in Jeddah City (1.5 hours via airplane from Riyadh)

http://www.fai.org/parachuting/node/724

it will be really fun to be there ,
the championship is for 4 way and accuracy

There is big fans for Skydiving but mostly military guys and there is some boogies that happend in the past, we just had a mini mini boogie 2 weeks ago

the largest DZ in the area of the middle east may be in UAE the name is Um elquain , one hour drive from Dubai

I was told its worth it, its a beach DZ

if you go to Saudi dont expect a lot of activity regarding Skydiving, but if like BASE, I can drive to one grate point and give you my BASE rig

Here is a video of one of my friends ( i did not ever jump but i own a BASE rig)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm7nDColGXo

Yes, at a competition.

Everywhere I went in Saudi, I was treated with courtesy and kindness. However travel there is not like an all-inclusive to Cancun. You would be well advised to do a lot of research before the visa application even starts. A good place to start is Lonely Planet website's "Thorntree" forum.

For example:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1532127&tstart=0

Someone like Neil Fergie (posts here as "Fergs") who has many years of experience in that country may come to this thread with specific and up-to-date advice for you. That is, if you are actually planning a trip - you didn't say!